Amanda Holden has spoken out following Piers Morgan quitting Good Morning Britain, labelling him a ‘good and loyal friend’.
The presenter, 50, worked with Piers, 55, on Britain’s Got Talent when he was also on the judging panel, and while she doesn’t agree with his opinions, Amanda supported him as a friend.
She shared a photo of them sipping wine together on her Instagram story as she told her followers: ‘We’ve both been described as Marmite in our time.
‘I don’t always share the same opinions as him. But my goodness he’s a good and loyal friend. #alwaysthereforeachother’.
It comes after Piers quit Good Morning Britain following backlash from viewers after he said he didn’t believe Meghan Markle’s claims that she had felt suicidal during the darkest time before she and Prince Harry stepped down from the Royal family.
His comments, which came after the couple’s bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey, sparked over 41,000 complaints to Ofcom and an official complaint from Meghan to ITV.
It’s claimed that he reason he decided to quit Good Morning Britain so suddenly was that he was asked to issue an apology for his comments on-air but refused, choosing instead to walk away.
Amanda isn’t the only friend of Piers to voice her support for him, as Sharon Osbourne also came under fire for saying she was ‘standing by him’.
Sharon, 68, had ended up in a heated conversation with The Talk co-host Sheryl Underwood after denouncing that she was in any way racist.
The exchange sparked backlash after Sharon ‘demanded’ that Sheryl define racism to her as she got tearful.
Piers had also shut down any possibility of him ever returning to GMB after a petition to have him reinstated racked up almost 200,000 signatures, telling them he ‘won’t be back’.
Harry and Meghan’s Oprah interview: Key moments
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have spoken to Oprah Winfrey in a bombshell interview about their decision to step back as senior working members of the Royal Family.
Here are the key points from the interview, which UK viewers can watch at 9pm on ITV on Monday, March 8.
- Meghan says it was Kate who made her cry over flower girls, not other way round
- Meghan says Harry was told there were ‘concerns how dark’ Archie would be
- Harry and Meghan reveal the gender of their baby due in summer
- Meghan sobs as she says pressures of royal life drove her to the verge of suicide
- Prince Charles stopped taking Harry’s calls after he quit Royal Family
- Harry says Meghan saved him from being ‘trapped’ like Prince Charles and Prince William are
- Princess Diana would be ‘sad and angry about how this has panned out’
- Meghan and Harry share adorable new video of son Archie at the beach
- Harry confirms terrible rift with William and says their relationship is now just ‘space’
- Queen ‘ghosted Harry during Megxit talks and got aide to say she was too busy’