Katie Price has reportedly handed over control of her social media accounts to her team after receiving comments from trolls in the wake of her alleged assault.
The former glamour model, 43, was taken to hospital in the early hours of Monday morning with a split eye and suspected broken jaw, with her £50,000 engagement ring from Carl Woods said to have been taken during the incident.
Police had been called to the Essex house where Katie had been staying at 1.30am in the morning and a 32-year-old man was later arrested for assault, theft and coercive and controlling behaviour before being released on conditional bail.
Katie had revealed her bruised face after the incident, which she says was ‘unprovoked’, but trolls had taken to her comments to question her account of what happened.
Trolls had accused her of having had more cosmetic surgery to cause the bruising, claiming her split lip was caused by a cold sore.
The messages have led to Katie handing over control of her social media accounts, which are still active, to her management team instead.
The mum of five was left with facial injuries after the incident, with her £50,000 engagement ring said to have been taken (Picture: Ken McKay/ITV)
A source told The Sun: ‘Katie’s taken a step back from social media and has handed everything over to her team.
‘She doesn’t need to be seeing trolls’ comments on her Instagram, so she’ll have a break for a few days and leave it all to her team to post.’
It comes after Katie reportedly told friends that she fears for her mental health if she has to appear in court to do with the case.
This is a nightmare situation for Katie,’ a friend told the Sun. ‘She absolutely stands by her account of events of that night given to police, but upon reflection isn’t sure she’s mentally strong enough to go through yet another court appearance.
‘She doesn’t want to be dragged through the mill, and her private life scrutinised by all and sundry. Katie doesn’t see any other way out.’Credit: Original article published here.