The engagement ring Carl Woods gave Katie Price was reportedly taken in the alleged assault (Picture: ITV/ Instagram)
Katie Price’s engagement ring from fiancé Carl Woods was reportedly taken from her during the alleged assault which left her needing hospital treatment.
The former glamour model, 43, was attacked in the early hours of Monday morning, leaving her with a split eye and a suspected fractured jaw.
A source told The Sun that her engagement ring, reported to be worth £50,000, was taken in the attack: Katie no longer has her ring. It cost thousands but went during the incident.’
Police had been called to the Essex home where Katie had been staying at 1.30am on Monday morning and had called for paramedics before a 32-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assault and later bailed.
A spokesperson for Essex Police told Metro.co.uk at the time: ‘We were called by colleagues in the ambulance service to reports of an assault in Little Canfield, shortly after 1.30am this morning, Monday 23 August.
‘We arrived and found a woman had sustained a facial injury which required hospital treatment.
‘A 32-year-old man was arrested a short time later on suspicion of assault. He remains in custody.’
Speaking hours after the incident, Katie told The Sun: ‘I’ve got a big bruise, my face is all puffy, and I went to hospital.
‘I’m still all dazed. I’m devastated. I’ve told police that I was assaulted, and am in shock that this happened. I ran away after being punched.’
She added that she had run away to 19-year-old son Harvey Price’s house after the incident, which caused ‘damage’ to her feet which were still recovering after she broke both of them during a fall while on holiday in Turkey last year.
The ring was reportedly worth £50,000 (Picture: Ken McKay/ITV)
She added of the alleged assault: ‘The fight was unprovoked — I was just sitting there watching telly when the assault happened.’
Katie’s ring had been given to her by Carl in April and she told OK! magazine at the time: ‘I didn’t have to buy my own ring this time! It was made from scratch and came out of his own money.
‘He designed it – it’s really special. It’s like a fairy-tale ring and massive. It’s like something out of Hollywood. It’s more than I could dream of.’
After Monday’s attack, Essex Police had confirmed a man had been arrested on suspicion of assault, theft and coercive and controlling behaviour.
The man, who has not been named for legal reasons, has since been released on conditional bail until September 20 pending further investigation on all three counts.
Credit: Original article published here.