Munya Chawawa is the latest star to take aim at the Royals following Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey last week.
Of course, Munya’s commentary on the topic was delivered via the medium of song, with the comedian sharing a parody from the viewpoint of Archie.
Taking on the role of a rapper called DiggArchie, Munya’s hook went: ‘Who’s that, my man? Don’t like my nan. Dissing me cos of my tan.
‘What do you mean that I can’t be a Royal? Got Prince Charles annoyed. Dodging calls like Floyd.’
Meghan and Harry had spoken out in the interview about why Archie was not a Prince and Prince Harry had claimed that his father, Prince Charles, had stopped talking to him.
Interspersed in the chorus were a healthy helping of ‘wois in Queen’s English’ and ‘wois in Duke’, before he took on Piers Morgan’s sudden departure from Good Morning Britain.
The presenter had ruffled feathers after he claimed not to believe Meghan’s claims she had been feeling suicidal and criticised her for speaking out about the Royal family.
He quit the show after reportedly refusing a request to apologise to Meghan for his comments on-air, as well as receiving 41,000 Ofcom complaints including from Meghan herself.
Munya continued: ‘Piers had to leave GMB cos Ofcom put him in a coffin. Had to Runaway like Bree, you might have seen on ITV, denying me my royalty.
‘Please release all my Ps, man’s got a contract with EE. There’s not much that we can do, if the Queen won’t babysit, who’s gonna do it? Don’t say Prince Andrew.
‘And it’s peak when the family bans you, leaves you on read like Man U. I’ll miss going round in the evenings, but man can’t live in a palace when all of the food needs seasoning.’
Harry and Meghan’s Oprah interview: Key moments
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have spoken to Oprah Winfrey in a bombshell interview about their decision to step back as senior working members of the Royal Family.
Here are the key points from the interview, which UK viewers can watch at 9pm on ITV on Monday, March 8.
- Meghan says it was Kate who made her cry over flower girls, not other way round
- Meghan says Harry was told there were ‘concerns how dark’ Archie would be
- Harry and Meghan reveal the gender of their baby due in summer
- Meghan sobs as she says pressures of royal life drove her to the verge of suicide
- Prince Charles stopped taking Harry’s calls after he quit Royal Family
- Harry says Meghan saved him from being ‘trapped’ like Prince Charles and Prince William are
- Princess Diana would be ‘sad and angry about how this has panned out’
- Meghan and Harry share adorable new video of son Archie at the beach
- Harry confirms terrible rift with William and says their relationship is now just ‘space’
- Queen ‘ghosted Harry during Megxit talks and got aide to say she was too busy’