The former Good Morning Britain presenter has already made good on his promise to start calling out ‘high-profile’ celebrities who have spoken out against him over the past couple of weeks.
Gayle has found herself in the firing line after leaking details of her phone call with Harry and Meghan earlier this week.
Piers tweeted last night: ‘Hi @GayleKing – rather than acting as your Sussex friends’ PR mouthpiece to facilitate their ongoing public trashing of our Royal Family, how about doing your job as a journalist and ask them about all the lies they told in @Oprah ’s interview?
‘America should hear THE truth.’
He was referring to Gayle’s revelation that Meghan and Harry spoke to Prince Charles and Prince Harry for the first time since calling out the Royal family in their interview with Oprah Winfrey.
However, according to the CBS This Morning presenter, the conversation was ‘unproductive’ and Harry and Meghan are upset that false stories about them are still getting out.
Hours before his tweet, Piers announced he would be getting ‘revenge’ on celebrities who have criticised him for his recent comments about Meghan.
‘Memo to all high-profile, insufferably woke, unctuously virtue-signalling, shamefully race-baiting hypocrites: I’m watching, and I will retaliate,’ he informed his 7.8 million Twitter followers.
One fan replied: ‘@piersmorgan is going through some celebs tweets at him from last week and I am screaming #shotsfired.’
This prompted Piers to warn: ‘I never miss a thing. And revenge is always a dish best tasted cold.’
Piers, 55, has already clashed with a few celebrities with Chelsea Handler and Jedward among those to feel his wrath.
The presenter quit GMB last week after receiving 41,000 Ofcom complaints for saying he didn’t believe that Meghan considered suicide. Those complaints have now soared to 57,000.
He may be out of a TV home at the moment but speculation around his next move is already rife. Piers is reportedly at the centre of a £10 million bidding war by TV executives, with rumours mounting that he could be headed to GB News or Rupert Murdoch’s upcoming News UK TV venture.
Harry and Meghan’s Oprah interview: Key moments
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have spoken to Oprah Winfrey in a bombshell interview about their decision to step back as senior working members of the Royal Family.
Here are the key points from the interview, which UK viewers can watch at 9pm on ITV on Monday, March 8.
- Meghan says it was Kate who made her cry over flower girls, not other way round
- Meghan says Harry was told there were ‘concerns how dark’ Archie would be
- Harry and Meghan reveal the gender of their baby due in summer
- Meghan sobs as she says pressures of royal life drove her to the verge of suicide
- Prince Charles stopped taking Harry’s calls after he quit Royal Family
- Harry says Meghan saved him from being ‘trapped’ like Prince Charles and Prince William are
- Princess Diana would be ‘sad and angry about how this has panned out’
- Meghan and Harry share adorable new video of son Archie at the beach
- Harry confirms terrible rift with William and says their relationship is now just ‘space’
- Queen ‘ghosted Harry during Megxit talks and got aide to say she was too busy’