My Celebrity Life

Piers Morgan jets off to LA to ‘get back to work’ after troll is arrested for sending him death threats

Piers Morgan has flown out to LA for work (Picture: @piersmorgan)

Piers Morgan has revealed he is officially back to work after jetting out to Los Angeles, sharing a dramatic back-lit photo in front of the skyline.

The broadcaster, 56, rocked a dark outfit as he told his followers: ‘OK. It’s time to get back to work.’

Friend and fellow presenter Richard Arnold joked in his comments: ‘Back lit. Such a waste. Are you taken? #askingforafriend.’

His work jaunt comes after it was revealed a man was arrested after sending Piers and his son death threats online.

Piers had shared a front page announcing the news and telling his fans: ‘Cowardly threats have consequences.’

His son Spencer, 28, also posted in the comments: ‘Chat s**t get banged up.’

He announced the news with a dramatic photo in front of the skyline (Picture: Instagram)
Piers was happy to be back in La La Land (Picture: Instagram)
The broadcaster had previously lived in Los Angeles (Picture: @piersmorgan)

Piers had reportedly received messaged from the troll telling him he was a ‘marked man’ and that his son would ‘get it’ if Piers didn’t.

A 43-year-old man was arrested in Manchester, with the Metropolitan Police saying in a statement: ‘On Wednesday 17 February 2021, police received a report of malicious communications relating to messages sent on social media.

‘Officers have spoken with the complainant in person. On 3 August a 43-year-old man was arrested in Manchester on suspicion of making threats to kill.

‘He has been released under investigation while inquiries continue. The investigation remains ongoing.’

Piers told The Sun: ‘People think it’s perfectly OK to make death threats to public figures on social media but it’s not — there has to be a line drawn, especially when family members are targeted.

‘That’s why I reported it and I am grateful to the Met Police and Greater Manchester Police for taking it so seriously.’

The investigation into the troll has been ongoing since the messages were posted almost a year ago and led to Piers beefing up his home security, including installing a panic button.

 


Credit: Original article published here.

Related posts

Good Morning Britain’s Susanna Reid blasts Boris Johnson’s surprise lockdown birthday party: ‘It’s remarkable’

John Turner

Jeremy Clarkson shares NSFW video of tortoises but everyone is rinsing James May

John Turner

Janet Jackson ‘affected’ by cruel attacks from brother Michael over her weight: ‘He called me a pig and a s**t’

John Turner
%d bloggers like this: