My Celebrity Life

Pregnant Louise Thompson and family involved in ‘bad house fire’ as she reveals terrifying ordeal

My Celebrity Life –
Louise Thompson revealed her family had experienced a fire in the middle of the night (Picture: Louise Thompson/Instagram)

Louise Thompson has revealed she and her family were involved in a terrifying house fire but thankfully all made it out alive.

The Made In Chelsea star, 31, who is heavily pregnant with her first child, revealed she and her mum and fiancé Ryan Libbey, as well as their dogs, were forced to evacuate in the middle of the night after a fire tore through the property from a fridge exploding.

Louise, who has been staying at her mum’s house while hers is being renovated, revealed: ‘Morning guys. A few of you have noticed we have been offline since Wednesday.

‘Contrary to popular opinion (thanks for your well wishes) I haven’t gone into labour, but we were involved in a bad house fire in the middle of the night.

‘Thankfully myself, Ryan, my mum and the dogs are all OK. It was an absolutely devastating experience but we managed to get out with minimal damage to our health (including the dogs who we lost in the blinding smoke at one point).

‘The emergency services were incredible and arrived in 2 minutes. Still probably in shock as it was pretty scary, and could have ended in a different outcome but we will get through it and be grateful for our luck. A big wake up call as to what is really important in life.’

My Celebrity Life –
Louise Thompson revealed she was involved in a house fire overnight (Picture: Instagram)
My Celebrity Life –
The whole family thankfully made it out alive (Picture: Instagram)
My Celebrity Life –
She thanked the emergency services for getting them all to safety (Picture: Instagram)
My Celebrity Life –
Louise now understands the difficult decisions people make while in burning buildings (Picture: Instagram)
My Celebrity Life –
She urged her followers to check their own smoke alarms (Picture: Instagram)
My Celebrity Life –
The devastating blaze was stared by a wine fridge (Picture: Instagram)
My Celebrity Life –
The pregnant star is not long away from giving birth (Picture: Instagram)
My Celebrity Life –
The family now need to find somewhere else to live after the house was damaged by the blaze (Picture: Instagram)

Louise revealed that the fire was sparked by a wine fridge which spontaneously exploded in the middle of the night, engulfing the house in toxic smoke and flames.

She thanked the fire service for arriving so quickly, adding: ‘Until you have experienced this type of fire first hand I don’t think you understand the sheer power of it.

‘As someone who is very fit and able-bodied I always thought I was invincible and could escape any fight or flight scenario. Well let me tell you, you CANNOT escape the power of fire.

My Celebrity Life –
Louise is not far from her due date (Picture: Instagram)

‘The thick chemical smoke travelled so fast throughout the house which meant that within seconds it was impossible to see or breathe. You literally have seconds to make a decision.’

Louise also urged her followers to check their own smoke alarms as without hers warning her of the blaze they may not have woken up or been able to escape.

She thanked the hospital staff who had looked after her and her family following the ordeal, adding that she would be back under their care before too long to have her baby.

Louise concluded her post by writing: ‘Now we are trying to wrap our heads round everything and our main priority is to find somewhere to live.’

 


Credit: Original article published here.

Related posts

BBC’s You, Me and the Big C podcast host Deborah James rushed to hospital days after celebrating chemotherapy success amid cancer battle

John Turner

Kourtney Kardashian was ‘totally thrown off’ by Travis Barker’s proposal as she shares more pictures

John Turner

GMB viewers slam Richard Madeley for ‘victim blaming’ after asking girl how she prevents her drink being spiked

John Turner
%d bloggers like this: