ASOS is showing the high street that circular fashion doesn’t have to compromise on style or price point. The affordable online retailer debuted its first circular fashion collection on Monday, 28 Sept, which offers on-trend clothing and accessories that have been made according to “industry-leading circularity principles”.
- Zero-Waste Design: Using zero-waste design pattern-cutting methods to ensure we’re using all the fabric in the most efficient way as possible, so nothing goes to waste.
- Minimised Waste: Using design methods and manufacturing techniques that minimise waste.
- Recycled Input: Selecting materials with a recycled input to lower the impact of our materials and to drive uptake of recycled materials within the fashion industry.
- Durability: Selecting materials and using construction methods that will allow the product to endure wear and care, so you can love your products for longer.
- Versatility: Designing products that can adapt to trend and purpose and can be styled in multiple ways.
- Mono-Material: Using the same recyclable material throughout the product. This means designing the product so that its main fabrications can be easily recycled when you’re done with it.
- Disassembly: Designing products that can be easily taken apart at the end of their life, which makes it easier to reuse or recycle.
- Upcycle: Using design techniques and product modifications to remanufacture and upcycle something old into something new.
Ahead, get a closer look at the collection.Credit: Original article published here.