Searches for ‘platinum jubilee celebration’ have risen 50% in the past 7 days alone. This year is a historic milestone which marks Queen Elizabeth being in service for 70 years, the only monarch to do so. Such a momentous occasion is something to be celebrated.
With this in mind, Wren Kitchens has compiled six cocktail and mocktail recipes to celebrate with friends and family whether you’re attending a street party or celebrating at home with your loved ones.
The Jubilee Fizz
- 200g summer berries of your choice (raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries etc)
- 100g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp elderflower cordial
- Juice 1 lime
- Top with sparkling wine or sparking water, chilled
- Add the berries, caster sugar, lime juice and elderflower cordial to a blender and mix until combine
- Add mixture to your jug and top with sparkling wine or water
- Serve with a few berries and enjoy!
Platinum party punch
- Juice 2 lemons
- 50ml sugar syrup
- 250ml pineapple juice
- 300ml cranberry juice
- 200ml Lemonade
- 350ml Gin
- Fresh fruit, chopped
- Pour all the ingredients into a large serving bowl and stir well
- Serve and enjoy
A Royal martini
- Juice 3 clementines, plus 1 for serving
- 75ml Vodka
- 75ml triple sec
- 1 bottle prosecco or champagne, chilled
- Pour your clementine juice, vodka and tiple sec into a cocktail shaker and mix well
- Pour into your chilled martini glasses and top with your prosecco or champagne
- Serve with a thin slice of clementine and enjoy
The Queen’s Tipple
- 50ml Dubonnet
- 25ml Gin
- Lemon wedge
- 2 large cubes of ice
- Into a shaker add your Dubonnet and Gin. Stir with a bar spoon until fully chilled.
- In a rocks glass add two ice cubes and a lemon wedge. Strain cocktail into the rocks glass and over the ice and lemon. Serve and enjoy!
Queen’s Frozen mojito
- 50ml white rum
- Fresh mint, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp mango puree
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tbsp sugar syrup
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and puree until combined.
- Serve and enjoy!
Crown and glory spritz
- 50ml Apple juice
- Freshly chopped mint
- 25ml Elderflower cordial
- Soda water
- Add apple juice, mint and elderflower cordial to a cocktail shaker and shake until mixed
- Add to a tall glass of ice and top with soda water
- Serve and enjoy
For more cocktail inspiration, visit here.