There are times when only a McDonald’s meal will do – with the chain that gave us the Big Mac remaining as popular as ever.
They’re adding more and more items to their menu also, with the latest vegan offering, the McPlant burger, set to be trialled in and around its Coventry stores from September 29.
Of course there’s no harm in indulging your craving for burgers or chicken nuggets sometimes – but if you’re in the mood for something healthier, just what can you pick up at McDonalds that won’t rack up the calories so much?
Here’s what you need to know about the chain’s healthiest offerings…
What are the lowest calorie meals on the McDonald’s menu?
Going for a low-calorie option at McDonald’s doesn’t restrict you to the salad menu, as many items come in at under 600 calories.
Although many individual items have fewer than 600, these are the meal combinations which you can opt for if you’re watching your calories on a specific day.
- Egg and cheese McMuffin meal including apple and grape fruit bag and regular black coffee – 347 calories
- Muffin with jam meal including apple and grape fruit bag and regular black coffee – 263 calories
Main Meals under 400 calories
- Veggie dippers meal including four pieces with side salad and medium Coke Zero – 368 calories
- Chicken McNuggets meal including six pieces with side salad and medium Coke Zero – 275 calories
- Filet-o-fish meal with side salad and medium Coke Zero – 345 calories
- Crispy chicken salad meal with medium Coke Zero – 262 calories
- Vegetable Deluxe meal with side salad and medium Coke Zero – 396 calories
Main Meals under 600 calories
- The Spicy Veggie one meal with apple and grape fruit bag and medium Coke Zero – 410 calories
- McChicken Sandwich with side salad and medium Coke Zero – 404 calories
- Chicken Legend with Hot and Spicy Mayo meal, with side salad and medium Coke Zero – 535 calories
What are the lowest calorie items on the McDonald’s menu?
Some of the lowest-calorie individual items are as follows:
- Hamburger – 250 calories
- Filet-o-Fish – 329 calories
- Chicken McNuggets (9 pieces) – 388 calories
- Southwest Salad with Grilled Chicken – 350 calories
- Artisan Grilled Chicken Classic Sandwich – 280 calories
You can find more nutritional information by checking out the Menu on the McDonald’s website.