My Celebrity Life

Dave Bautista weighs in on Scarlett Johansson suing Disney over Black Widow release: ‘They should’ve made a Drax movie’

Marvel star Dave Bautista has reacted to Scarlett Johansson’s decision to file a lawsuit after Disney following their decision to release her film Black Widow on Disney+.

Thursday saw the Avengers actress make headlines as she alleged The Walt Disney Company had breached her contract by choosing to drop the film in cinemas and on the streaming platform simultaneously.

In reaction to the news, her Avengers: Endgame co-star took to Twitter to make light of the situation.

‘Told em they should’ve made a #Drax movie but noooooo! [Man shrugging emoji],’ he wrote on Friday as he shared an article about the lawsuit.

The wrestling star has played Drax the Destroyer in the Guardians of the Galaxy films, as well as in Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame.

The actor previously revealed he had lobbied for a solo film in the past but didn’t believe it would ever happen.

My Celebrity Life –

The former wrestler made a quip about his push to make a Drax the Destroyer origin movie instead (Picture: Twitter)

Speaking to MTV UK, he explained: ‘Even if it’s not me portraying Drax, I just think it is an interesting story to tell.’

Johansson, who has played Natasha Romanoff aka Black Widow in nine Marvel films, claims that her contract with Disney’s Marvel Entertainment was for a guaranteed exclusive movie theatre release, with the bulk of her salary depending in large part on the film’s box office performance.

My Celebrity Life –

Black Widow was released in cinemas and Disney+ on the same day, which Scarlett alleged is a breach of her contract (Picture: Scarlett Johansson)

The 36-year-old alleged that the move to streaming for her first and only standalone film as the character prevented her from ‘realizing the full benefit of her bargain with Marvel’.

In a statement, Disney has called the lawsuit ‘sad and distressing’.

A spokesperson for the Walt Disney Company said: ‘There is no merit whatsoever to this filing. The lawsuit is especially sad and distressing in its callous disregard for the horrific and prolonged global effects of the Covid-19 pandemic.

‘Disney has fully complied with Ms. Johansson’s contract and furthermore, the release of Black Widow on Disney+ with Premier Access has significantly enhanced her ability to earn additional compensation on top of the $20M she has received to date.’

 


Credit: Original article published here.

Related posts

Dune sequel with Timothée Chalamet confirmed with 2023 release date

John Turner

Marvel boss Kevin Feige originally wanted to kill off all six of the original Avengers in Endgame

John Turner

Keanu Reeves treats John Wick 4 stunt team to brand new Rolex watches and could he be any more amazing?

John Turner
%d bloggers like this: