My Celebrity Life

Jude Law addresses Johnny Depp’s ‘unusual’ exit from Fantastic Beasts 3

https://metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/PRC_172498461.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

My Celebrity Life –

Jude called Johnny’s exit from the film ‘unusual’ (Picture: Rex)

Jude Law has addressed Johnny Depp’s exit from the Fantastic Beasts franchise, calling it ‘unusual’.

Depp, 57, confirmed last week that he was asked to resign from the role of Gellert Grindelwald in the Harry Potter spin-off films, after he lost his high-profile libel case against The Sun.

Law, 47, plays Albus Dumbledore opposite the actor, and said that he had to ‘go along’ with the decision of the studio and the company as ‘we’re just a member of the team’.

The actor told Entertainment Tonight: ‘It’s an enormous film, and there are many, many layers to it. It’s probably one of the biggest productions I’ve ever worked.

‘And in a situation like this, you defer to the studio. That’s all you can do. Because you have to turn up and play your part.

‘It was unusual for me because, in fact, on this particular role, Johnny had actually only done a day’s filming, I think, on his own.’

My Celebrity Life –

Jude starred opposite the actor in The Crimes Of Grindelwald (Picture: Warner Bros/Kobal/REX)

Law is returning to the as yet untitled third Fantastic Beasts film, alongside Eddie Redmayne, Katherine Waterston, Dan Fogler, Alison Sudol, Ezra Miller, Callum Turner and Jessica Williams.

After production was pushed back earlier this year due to Covid-19, filming resumed in September.

However, Depp released a statement last week confirming he would no longer play dark wizard Grindelwald, after losing his libel case against The Sun over a headline which called him a ‘wife-beater’.

A judge ruled that The Sun were accurate in calling Depp a ‘wife-beater’ after Amber Heard testified that she was attacked by the actor on numerous occasions during their relationship.

My Celebrity Life –

Depp lost his libel trial against The Sun (Picture: Yui Mok/PA Wire)

Depp said: ‘Firstly, I’d like to thank everybody who has gifted me with their support and loyalty. ‘I have been humbled and moved by your many messages of love and concern, particularly over the last few days.

‘Secondly, I wish to let you know that I have been asked to resign by Warner Bros from my role as Grindelwald in Fantastic Beasts and I have respected and agreed to that request.

‘Finally, I wish to say this. The surreal judgement of the court in the UK will not change my fight to tell the truth and I confirm that I plan to appeal.

Despite filming just one scene for the third film, Depp will be paid his full salary, as his ‘pay or play contract’ requires that he be fully compensated whether or not the film is made and even if it is recast.

According to reports, Casino Royale star Mads Mikkelsen is director David Yates’ top pick to replace Depp as Grindelwald.

Fantastic Beasts 3 is set for release on July 15, 2022. 


Credit: Original article published here.

Related posts

Censored version of Margot Robbie’s Birds of Prey ‘mistakenly added’ to HBO Max

John Turner

Keanu Reeves says it would be ‘an honour’ to join the Marvel Cinematic Universe and now this must happen

John Turner

Trolls 3 confirmed with exclusive cinematic release window

John Turner
%d bloggers like this: