Reopens Today For The 2021 Season
New Concept Penthouse Suite, Botanical Cocktail Concept, The Champagne Corner, Dom Pérignon Culinary Escape, Helicopter Charters
- One of the most celebrated hotels of the 21st Century so far, designed by Patricia Urquiola, reopens for the 2021 season
- Michelin Starred dining at Berton Al Lago – option for al fresco lakeside dining and new botanical cocktail concept, inspired by the hotel’s gardens, The Champagne Corner and Dom Pérignon Culinary Escape
- New concept Penthouse Suite, aiming to be one of the best suites in the world
- New helicopter charters – official partnership with Monacair at the hotel’s own helipad
- Capture the full Lake Como experience, navigating the waters with Il Sereno’s custom made Riva Boats
- The Spa by Valmont for soothing lakeside treatments to help wash away tension from the pandemic
- Favourable booking options, allowing guests more flexibility with their travel plans
5th May – As lockdowns across Europe ease, Il Sereno Lake Como is delighted to announce that the hotel will reopen its doors on 6th May. The team at Sereno Hotels has used the time during lockdown creatively, to evolve their offering with new, immersive guest experiences for the 2021 season.
New Concept Penthouse Suite, launching summer 2021
Inspired by Post-war Italian glamour, ‘La Dolce Vita’, Modernist Italian Designers and Como Silks, the new suite at Il Sereno aims to be amongst the top penthouse suites in the world. Rich in materials, including Canaletto walnut wooden ceilings, Verde Alpi stone walls and Ceppo di Gre and venetian terrazzo stone floors, the penthouse has fabrics inspired by 1950s scarf fashion and the landscape motifs of Lake Como.
Framed by the omnipresent iconic lake and mountains behind, the suite is a tribute to the emblematic pieces of Italian Design, including new bespoke Patricia Urquiola furniture. Leading French botanist Patrick Blanc is also back adding a sculptural vertical garden to the building’s façade below the suite.
Penthouse On The Lake Experience
- A bottle of Dom Perignon in the room
- Daily Indulgent Breakfast overlooking Lake Como
- Complimentary Maserati transfer to and from Milan or Malpensa Airport in the hotel’s own elegant Quattroporte
- Complimentary boat for two in Il Sereno’s customised Riva Boat
- A Michelin Star tasting dinner for two people at Berton Al Lago
New Botanical Cocktail and Mocktail Concept at Berton Al Lago
Michelin Starred Berton Al Lago specilises in using the finest, seasonal ingredients and this year, the F&B team, led by Chef Raffaele Lenzi and Stefano Gaiofatto, are excited to introduce a new cocktail and mocktail menu concept, inspired by the hotel’s vertical botanical garden by leading botanist Patrick Blanc.
Using a multitude of plant and floral compositions from across the world, including herbs from the Chef’s herb garden, the incredible aromas enjoyed around the property will now fill guests’ glasses. Taking a no-waste approach and including spectacular mocktails, the blending is based on nature, sustainability and seasonality.
There will also be mocktails created to be paired with the Chef’s tasting menus. For instance, Serenity (sorrel, beer and chamomile reduction, lime and passion fruit) to go with Fruit and Vegetable Minestrone dessert.
New – The Champagne Corner
To celebrate Aperitivo time as the sun starts to set over the lake, from 5.30 – 8pm each day, there is a new special corner on the picturesque terrace, dedicated to Champagne and beautifully created canapés. Here guests can enjoy a wide variety of Champagnes and Bollicine (Italian sparkling wine) by the glass, including premium Champagnes selected by the in-house sommelier, paired with a choice of finger food designed to enhance the experience.
New Dom Pérignon Culinary Escape
Sereno Hotels is launching a special culinary escape with one of the most prestigious Champagne brands in the world, Dom Pérignon. The experience starts with Dom Pérignon Champagne and specially paired canapés in the room, before embarking on a journey of contrasts with the exceptional Contrasti seven-course tasting menu created by renowned chef Raffaele Lenzi from Michelin Starred Berton Al Lago.
New Helicopter Charters with Monacair
The hotel has launched an official partnership with Monacair, utilising the property’s helipad. Monacair operates from Montecarlo and other airports across Europe, offering transfers in a new level of luxury.
To celebrate the launch, the hotel has introduced a new package:
Il Sereno: Air, land, and water
- Roundtrip helicopter trip for two from Montecarlo to Il Sereno
- Complimentary car transfer from anywhere in Monaco to the heliport (same for return flight)
- Complimentary breakfast for two
- A stay in one of Il Sereno’s lavish suites
- A seven-course tasting menu for two at the hotel’s Michelin Starred restaurant, Berton Al Lago
- Explore Lake Como with a complimentary boat trip for two in the hotel’s custom-made Riva boat
For guests seeking the ultimate in seclusion and privacy, Il Sereno’s sister property Villa Pliniana, a stunning 16th century Italian Palazzo set only moments from the hotel, is located on an 18 acre waterfront private estate. The property features 18 luxurious bedrooms, a private boat dock, helicopter landing pad, large spa, vast gardens and Sereno Hotels services and is available for hire. Villa Pliniana is the oldest property on the legendary lake with breathtaking interiors and is steeped in a rich history, with visitors including monarchs, Napoleon, Byron, Foscolo and Gioacchino Rossini, who composed Tancredi in the villa itself.
Rates at Il Sereno start at €800 per night. For more information or to book a stay at Il Sereno Lago di Como, please visit www.ilsereno.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +39 031 547 7800.