Former Strictly Come Dancing star AJ Pritchard has thrown shade at the BBC show as he prepares to enter the I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! jungle.
The professional dancer is one of 10 celebrities confirmed to be heading to Gwrych Castle in Wales for this year’s series, which has been forced to relocate due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Ahead of the show’s launch this Sunday, AJ chucked a little dig in Strictly’s direction as he enthused: ‘Doing I’m A Celebrity is a childhood dream come true.
‘I was so excited to watch the return of Strictly this Autumn but now I am going to be on an even better show! I can’t wait!’
Will his Strictly pals be offended by his quip?
Despite quitting Strictly in March after four years on the show, AJ has kept in contact with a number of the pros and they’ve vowed to watch him tackle the Bushtucker Trials and brave the Welsh elements.
‘I think my friends from Strictly like Neil (Jones) and Janette (Manrara) are going to watch, which is really nice,’ he said. ‘They have always known how much I have wanted to do this programme as I have talked about it all the time!’
AJ is hoping that by going on I’m A Celebrity, viewers will see him in a different light.
‘People see me on Strictly with fake tan and sparkles but nobody knows me,’ he said. ‘It will be nice for people to see me and get to know who I am.’
Last week, AJ reportedly tested positive for coronaviurs, throwing his I’m A Celebrity stint into jeopardy.
It’s been claimed that Chelcee Grimes is currently on standby for the dancer, and has been isolating near the castle for the past fortnight.
I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! launches on Sunday at 9pm on ITV.
Credit: Original article published here.