Alastair Stewart has returned to GB News (Picture: GB News)
Alastair Stewart has returned to GB News, after breaking his hip.
The 69-year-old sparked concern last month when he announced that he was taking time off from the news channel, shortly after it launched.
At the time, the presenter told fans that it would ‘be a while’ before he was back on screens, as he recuperated from the injury.
The journalist has now returned to work, just days after Andrew Neil also made a comeback, confirming his appearance in a video from the newsroom.
‘He’s back! Join @AlStewartOBE this Saturday on Alastair Stewart and Friends on GB News,’ a post on the corporation’s official Twitter page read.
In the accompanying video, the presenter began: ‘Delighted to be back after six weeks.
‘So this horse knocked me over and I broke my hip and went to hospital.
‘It’s been a nightmare and the world has gone bonkers in that time. I am delighted to be back here in GB News.’
‘I will be with my show on Saturday and on Sunday, starting at 12,’ he added.
‘Exciting stories, exciting guests and I hope very much indeed that you can join me, Alastair Stewart, for GB News.’
Viewers were thrilled with Alastair’s return, and shared their excitement in the replies.
‘Will be good to see sir Alastair back. Looking good & hope the hip is doing ok,’ a fan said.
‘Brilliant will definitely be watching again. Welcome back Alistair, hope you are well again,’ another agreed.
‘Love Alistair! Could listen to his voice all day,’ a follower posted.
As a Twitter user added: ‘Excellent news. Welcome back @AlStewartOBE you have been missed.
‘Plenty of topics requiring your attention #GBNewsWins.’Credit: Original article published here.