Anton du Beke has been confirmed for the Strictly Come Dancing judging panel this weekend.
The veteran Strictly dancer will replace Motsi Mabuse, after she confirmed that she would be missing the next two weeks of the live shows as she self-isolates following an ‘urgent’ trip to Germany.
The BBC confirmed: ‘We are pleased to announce that the King of Ballroom Anton du Beke is stepping into our Judging panel this weekend.
‘Good luck Anton!’
Motsi, 39, had previously said that she would be on the live shows via the power of technology, as she tweeted: ‘Earlier this week I needed to travel back to Germany for an urgent reason. I will of course be following the UK Government guidelines and self-isolating for 14 days.
‘I’ll be watching from home and by the power of technology, should be in your living rooms. Watch out though, I’ll be doing my own hair and make-up.’
Anton has been on the show since its first series in 2004, and is the only original professional dancer on the line-up.
After his exit, Anton addressed rumours he could be the fourth judge on the Strictly panel, as Bruno Tonioli is missing from the show due to work commitments in the US.
He said during a Q&A with The Mirror: ‘There has been no chat to me about that.
‘There is no intention for them to whip me onto the judging panel, sadly. I’ve got a bit of tie on my hands, I’d love to sit in for the rest of the series.’
However, this weekend will see him at his own personal judging table, alongside head judge Shirley Ballas and Craig Revel Horwood.
It will be all change this weekend on Strictly, as Nicola Adams and Katya Jones have been dropped from the competition.
Rules state that the pair, who were the first same-sex couple on the show, are unable to compete after Katya tested positive for Covid-19.
However, the BBC confirmed that no other couple has been affected.
Strictly Come Dancing is on at 7.10pm on BBC One on Saturday.
Credit: Original article published here.