My Celebrity Life

Bridgerton: Producers face rejection for proposals for Netflix series set in Berkshire as season 2 continues filming

My Celebrity Life –

Bridgerton producers have hit a bump in the road (Picture: Liam Daniel/Netflix)

The producers of Netflix series Bridgerton have faced rejection for proposals for a set in Berkshire as season two continues filming.

When the first season of Bridgerton launched in December last year, it quickly became a hit, with Phoebe Dynevor and Regé-Jean Page stealing the show as the lovestruck Daphne Bridgerton and Simon Bassett, Duke of Hastings.

The second season of the Regency-set period drama is currently in production, with the show already being renewed for a third and fourth season.

Despite the allure of the sizzling series, Bridgerton producers recently faced an obstacle when they filed a planning application for a set at Sunninghill Park within Windsor Great Park, which is located close to Windsor Castle.

If approved, this would have allowed filming at the site for five years, with production able to take place on an annual basis during summer.

However, during a meeting that took place on Wednesday May 19, council officers recommended that the plans be rejected through a majority vote.

My Celebrity Life –

Regé-Jean Page won’t be returning for season 2 (Picture: Netflix/Hollywood Archive)

At the meeting, councillors on the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead development management panel heard from people both for and against the proposals.

One objector warned that having the set in the park could cause an increase in traffic, while another said the idea of having the set in that location was ‘demonstrably out of character’ for the area.

There were also worries over the impact to the environment, with the hearing being told it could cause ‘substantial damage’ to the greenbelt.

While one person argued that filming Bridgerton in the area could be a ‘golden opportunity’ for an economic boost after the pandemic, the proposals were eventually rejected by the councillors by seven votes to two.

Last month, it was confirmed that Regé-Jean will not be returning for season two of Bridgerton.

In a message shared on social media, the actor wrote: ‘Pleasure and a privilege! An honour to be a member of the family – on and off screen, cast, crew and incredible fans – the love is real and will just keep growing.’

Season two will centre on the eldest of the Bridgerton children, Anthony Bridgerton (Jonathan Bailey), as he meets his match with newcomer Kate Sharma (Sex Education star Simone Ashley).

A prequel spin-off series is in the works on the life of the young Queen Charlotte, which will also feature a young Lady Violet Bridgerton and a young Lady Danbury.

The first season of Bridgerton is available to watch on Netflix.


Credit: Original article published here.

Related posts

BOTOX VS. FACIAL TREATMENTS: WHICH IS BETTER FOR ANTIAGING?

John Turner

BBC Radio 1’s Scott Mills ‘bursting with happiness’ as he announces engagement to partner Sam Vaughan

John Turner

The Outlaws review: Star-studded Stephen Merchant series is Walken in a cringe comedy wonderland

John Turner
%d bloggers like this: