The BBC Breakfast presenter, who took to the floor for the first time during last week’s live premiere, doesn’t seem to be having high hopes for his Strictly journey.
He admitted he plans on treating his three children and his wife to a family holiday during the October half term when he could still be on the BBC One dance competition.
Speaking to iNews, the star admitted he had it booked to start Halloween weekend.
That meant the 44-year-old does not intend to last on the show longer than week six.
‘If by some absolute freak of nature it goes well, I might have to cancel,’ he said, ‘but I don’t see myself being around for that long.’
It’s not clear how Dan’s first-time dance partner Nadiya Bychkova feels about his lack of hope.
Earlier this week Dan shared an update about their training which did not seem too positive.
Taking to Twitter on Monday he wrote: ‘Legs are a bit weary. I’ll be honest with you…I am really struggling with this week’s dance.
‘Nothing went in yesterday. It was just a sweaty mess. Back at it today with @NadiyaBychkova so hopefully something will click.’
The week two routines for all couples were revealed on Twitter yesterday, and Dan and Nadiya are tackling a pasodoble to Calvin Harris and Rag’n’Bone Man’s track Giant.
In week one they smashed the quickstep to The Blues Brothers’ Everybody Needs Somebody to Love, coming in fifth on the leaderboard after they scored 24 points.
So we’re sure this week’s routine will be nothing less than spectacular.
In the latest training update, Dan said how the pasodoble was ‘going well today’, so there might be no holiday for the Walker fam after all…
Strictly Come Dancing airs Saturdays on BBC One.
Credit: Original article published here.