Eamonn Holmes has blasted ITV bosses again, accusing them of ‘lying’ about his This Morning exit.
In November 2020, the 62-year-old presenter and his wife Ruth Langsford, 61, were axed from their usual Friday morning spot and replaced by Alison Hammond and Dermot O’Leary.
While Ruth has her regular spot on the Loose Women panel, Eamonn made the switch from his mid-morning role to breakfast news on GB News, which he announced in November.
Since leaving This Morning, Eamonn has claimed ITV were ‘sly’ and said he wasn’t treated with ‘respect’ during his time on the show.
Now, he’s claiming ITV bosses are ‘lying’ about his exit, saying: ‘Let’s get it straight, they left me!’
He added that he has no idea why he was let go from the show, telling The Mirror: ‘I wish somebody would show me the email or the letter or that I was sent to say, “Eamonn, this is why this is coming to an end.”
‘But to tell lies, that I left them to go to GB News…I didn’t – they left me.
‘Let’s get it straight. They left me. I don’t care, because our audience is only up.’
A spokesperson for ITV told Metro.co.uk: ‘This isn’t a version of events that we recognise and as we have said before we wish Eamonn all of the very best.’
During the interview, Eamonn also confessed to not watching This Morning anymore, saying ‘It would be too… sensitive.’
Earlier this year, the journalist has made his feelings towards the daytime programme extremely clear, after he accused ITV of being ‘sly’.
Speaking to The Guardian, Eamonn had said: ‘It was obvious I didn’t tick the boxes for ITV any more and I wasn’t being treated with respect there.’
‘It was a self-esteem thing. You think “nah I’m out of here, bye!” So that was it. And nothing’s changed: I play what I do straight,’ he added.