My Celebrity Life

From doubling down on Meghan Markle comments to hitting out at Alex Beresford: Everything Piers Morgan has said since Good Morning Britain exit

A lot has happened since Piers Morgan left Good Morning Britain last month (Picture: Rex/Getty/Fox)

Piers Morgan sensationally left Good Morning Britain last month after making controversial comments about Meghan Markle following her sit-down interview with Oprah Winfrey.

ITV confirmed the 56-year-old broadcaster had quit the programme in the wake of Ofcom announcing it had launched an investigation into the show, following his comments about ‘not believing Meghan’ when she said she had previously felt suicidal.

All eyes have been on Piers since, with many people wondering what he’ll do next.

But what has he said since he dramatically left the ITV show?

Piers Morgan breaks silence on Good Morning Britain exit

Piers spoke to the press outside his London home the morning after he departed Good Morning Britain, describing his exit as ‘amicable’ and teasing that the public hasn’t seen the last of him yet.

‘I had a good chat with ITV and we agreed to disagree,’ he said. ‘I’m just going to take it easy and see how we go.

Piers spoke to reporters outside his London home the day after he left Good Morning Britain (Picture: PA)

‘I believe in freedom of speech, I believe in the right to be allowed to have an opinion.’

Piers Morgan doubles down on Meghan Markle comments

Piers turned his attention to the Duchess of Sussex as he continued to speak to reporters outside his home.

‘If people want to believe Meghan Markle, that’s entirely their right.,’ he said. ‘I don’t believe almost anything that comes out of her mouth and I think the damage she’s done to the British monarchy and to the Queen at a time when Prince Philip is lying in hospital is enormous and, frankly, contemptible.

‘If I have to fall on my sword for expressing an honestly held opinion about Meghan Markle and that diatribe of bilge that she came out with in that interview, so be it.’

He added: ‘I think it’s fair to say, although the woke crowd will think that they’ve cancelled me, I think they will be rather disappointed when I re-emerge.

‘I would call it a temporary hibernation.’

Piers Morgan defends Sharon Osbourne

On March 27, Piers hit out at Sharon Osbourne’s departure from The Talk and branded i ‘disgrace’.

CBS announced the 68-year-old would be leaving the show in a statement on Friday, following her on-air row with Sheryl Underwood.

In an episode from the US talk show in March, Sharon had a heated discussion with her co-host, fiercely defending Piers’ comments regarding Meghan’s interview with Oprah – leading to backlash from viewers.

Blasting his friend’s exit from the show on Twitter, Piers fumed: ‘What’s happened to @MrsSOsbourne is an absolute disgrace that shames CBS.

‘Bullied out of her job for defending me against an invented slur of racism.’

Piers claimed Sharon was ‘bullied out of her job’ (Picture: Rex Features)

Piers Morgan claims ITV didn’t ask him to apologise

On March 27, Piers wrote about his dramatic exit from Good Morning Britain in his Mail on Sunday column.

He claimed that ITV didn’t call for him to apologise over his comments about Meghan’s mental health and stuck by the broadcaster as he continues to front Life Stories.

Piers penned: ‘To compound my unease, the mental health charity Mind – which gave me an award in 2012 for promoting mental health issues in Life Stories interviews with troubled stars such as Frank Bruno and Paul Gascoigne – issued a statement saying it was “disappointed and concerned to see Piers Morgan’s comments on not believing Meghan’s experiences about suicidal thoughts”.

‘It ended with the ominously threatening words: “We are in conversations with ITV about this.”

‘ITV asked me to clarify what I meant on tomorrow’s show, which I’m happy to do as it’s been deliberately misconstrued to suggest I don’t think victims of mental illness should be believed.

‘I was told I didn’t need to apologise.’

Piers Morgan apologises to Susanna Reid

Piers also confirmed he apologised to his Good Morning Britain co-host Susanna Reid for his sudden exit but took issue with her frosty farewell on air, as she was joined by Ranvir Singh to address the drama.

‘She apologised for the tone of her chilly goodbye, which was for all the reasons I suspected, and I apologised for leaving her in the lurch so suddenly,’ he said.

‘It was a good conversation, and we agreed that when the dust settles, we’ll have a long lunch to celebrate five extraordinary years.’

Piers reached out to say sorry to his former Good Morning Britain co-host Susanna Reid (Picture: Rex)

Piers Morgan launches first attack on Alex Beresford

Elsewhere in the column, Piers revealed police are investigating death threats against him and his eldest son and that his former colleague Alex Beresford hadn’t reached out to him.

‘I’ve had nice messages from all the other GMB presenters, apart from Alex Beresford, and many of the wonderful production team, from camera operators and producers to make-up artists,’ he wrote. ‘Some really moved me.’

Piers Morgan accuses Alex Beresford of a ‘premeditated attack’

On April 5, Piers gave his first televised interview since quitting Good Morning Britain with conservative Fox presenter Tucker Carlson.

In his chat, he slammed Alex Beresford and accused him of a ‘premeditated attack’ live on-air in reference to their row which led him to storm out of the studio.

Piers said Alex Beresford launched a ‘premediated attack’ on him (Picture: Rex)

‘He [Alex] sent me a private message in which he expressed some concern about what he felt I wasn’t really understanding about where Meghan Markle was coming from as a biracial woman,’ Piers said.

‘He is himself a biracial man so he wanted to explain so I said come on air, let’s have the conversation. But the moment he came on air, he came with a pretty premeditated attack on me on a pretty personal level and frankly I just wasn’t going to have it.’

Piers added: ‘I walked off … I was quite angry in the moment, he claimed that I have a personal vendetta against Meghan Markle, which I don’t.’

Piers Morgan reiterates he doesnt believe Meghan Markle

Besides ripping into Alex during the interview, Piers doubled down on his opinions on Meghan and her interview with Oprah, saying her claims are ‘impossible to believe’.

He added: ‘I wasn’t allowed an opinion that I didn’t believe what she was saying, even though it was clear to me in real-time, as I was watching the interview that there were a number of things which just couldn’t be true.’

Piers Morgan insists Princess Dianna would be ‘horrified’ by Prince Harry

Piers also spoke about Princess Diana as he continued his interview with Tucker, claiming she would be ‘horrified’ by her son Prince Harry cutting ties with his brother Prince Williams and ‘smearing’ the Queen.

‘What’s happened to that guy?’ Piers asked. ‘He’s turned into this whiny brat. In his mid-thirties, complaining that his dad isn’t still financing everything that he does. Complaining that he was cut off by daddy and his millions.

‘Actually, that wasn’t true either – it turns out Prince Charles had carried on financing him. And remember Harry inherited millions when his mother died.’

He continued: ‘You know I knew Princess Diana well. I think she would be horrified by the split between Harry and his brother.

‘She would be horrified by the schism now between Harry and the Royal family generally and by the appalling smearing of the queen which is already causing damage in some of the commonwealth countries.’


Credit: Original article published here.

Related posts

The perfect Spring Dress for whatever you have planned

John Turner

Line Of Duty: Will it be on tonight?

John Turner

Strictly Come Dancing to ‘axe age ban’ and welcome over 60s for 2021 series

John Turner
%d bloggers like this: