Giles Wood and Mary Killen on Gogglebox (Picture: Channel 4)
Giles Wood and Mary Killen are among the most hilarious starts of Channel 4’s Gogglebox, which returned to our screens earlier this month.
The married pair have been together for over three decades, and – aside from their sense of humour – are known for their wild wallpaper and extravagant art.
They met at Wimbledon College of Art, and both have cited Gogglebox as being key to their relationship.
But why do they call each other nutty, and what are some of their funniest moments?
Why do Giles and Mary call each other nutty?
The nickname nutty is said to be in reference The Nutty Professor cartoon strip.
The pair call each other nutty because they’re both ‘mad’.
Mary Killen has described the relationship as ‘mad’. (Picture: Shutterstock)
Speaking to the Daily Star, Mary said she has ‘low tolerance for things like whistling.
‘He hates it when the phone rings and just sits there demanding ‘who on earth is that?’ instead of answering it.
‘Giles also has a lot of minor accidents. Stubbing his toe, banging his head, burning or cutting himself.
‘When he grazed the roof of his mouth with a crisp he made a tremendous fuss.’
Giles and Mary’s funniest phrases on Gogglebox
Giles and Mary are known for saying some hilarious comments over the past few years.
Below, we have rounded up just a few of the most memorable moments:
- While watching Channel 4’s The Jump
Giles: ‘It’s a way of exterminating minor celebrities’
- On seeing Ollie Locke during Celebrity Island with Bear Grylls
Giles: ‘Poor Ollie, miles away from a Pret-a-Manger’
- On seeing a man buy flowers on Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway
Giles: ‘I’ll give him a tip – you can get them even cheaper at the cemetery’
- Giles: ‘We know quite a few people who have had their nose bitten off by dogs’
Mary: ‘Only one person’
- On the Scottish referendum
Giles: ‘They’ve always been this way. Think of what’s-his-name… Mel Gibson.’
- On the Eurovision Song Contest
Giles: ‘In an increasingly wicked and dangerous world, it gives us a little bit of a break from nuclear armageddon.’
- On The Great British Bake Off
Mary: ‘I always want old people to win, because they’ll be dead first. They might never get a chance again.’
- Mary: ‘They’re encouraging people to film on their mobiles and upload it to PooTube or something, so people can beam in to see their neighbours committing crimes.’
Giles: ‘It can’t be worse than watching The X Factor.’
Credit: Original article published here.