If you need some new food inspo for your next lockdown bake, then look no further as Great British Bake Off star Lottie Bedlow has just shared her recipe for crispy Mac’n’Cheese pancakes.
Mac’n’Cheese and pancakes? Count us in.
Fans will recognise Lottie from this year’s series of Bake Off – she was given the boot from the baker’s tent in week seven of the show, but just because she’s not out impressing Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith anymore doesn’t mean Lottie isn’t still providing us all with those delicious goods.
In fact, she took to Instagram with fellow Bake Off star from this year’s series Mark Lutton, who made it to week six of the show, to share their insane recipe for their pancake spin-off.
Think doughy pancake but with all that cheesy goodness too.
Fancy giving it a whirl? Well, here’s how…
For the pancakes (makes six):
- 165g of plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 330ml of whole milk
- 1 tbsp of butter
For the Mac’n’Cheese:
- 350g of macaroni
- large knob of butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g double cream
- 250g of cream cheese
- 250g of mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 100g of mozzarella, roughly torn
- 1 tbsp of mustard (optional)
- Crispy bacon (optional)
- 200g of plain flour
- 150g golden breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- vegetable oil for frying
- Make the pancake batter by mixing the flour and salt in a large bowl
- Add the egg and milk and whisk to combine
- Cover with clingfilm and rest for 30minutes in the fridge
- Cook the macaroni
- Melt the butter in a large pan on a low heat and add the garlic – cook until golden
- Add the cream and cheeses and stir until melted over a low heat – add the macaroni (and mustard and bacon if using) before setting aside to cool
- Lightly grease a frying pan with butter and add a ladle of pancake batter – cook for 30-60seconds on each side until golden, repeat to make all six
- Separate plain flour, breadcrumbs and eggs into 3 separate bowls
- Take one pancake and fill centre with 2tbsp of macaroni – use a pastry brush to add egg around one side of the pancake and a little flour on the top, fold over and press to seal
- Repeat above step with remaining pancakes
- Coat the pancakes in flour, dip in the egg and then breadcrumbs
- Either shallow fry the pancakes for 2minutes on each side in the vegetable oil or in a deep fat fryer
Fans were all for Lottie and Mark’s tutorial and called for the two of them to get their own cooking show, with one fan posting: ‘There’s a TV show waiting to happen’ as others insisted they could watch the ‘duo’ all day.
It comes as viewers are set to see who will win this year’s series of the Great British Bake Off as finalists Laura, Peter and Dave go head-to-head in Tuesday night’s final.
Credit: Original article published here.