Michael and Angela – a Nigerian-American love story (Picture: TLC/Discovery Communications)
With fans spread across the globe, 90 Day Fiance is one of the most popular new reality shows of the last few years.
Tracking lovestruck couples as they find out whether their connections can survive culture clashes, curious relatives and occasionally, language barriers, the TLC original has long been the source of many memes and much internet delight.
Now, there’s great news for UK-based fans – the show is currently scouting for people in relationships with people abroad to take part in the very first UK version of the show.
But before we get stuck into learning about some love dramas closer to home, here’s more about the reality TV phenomenon, and how you can catch up with the story so far.
What is 90 Day Fiance?
90 Day Fiance is a reality show that launched in 2014. Typically, it follows a couple, one half of which is an American citizen, as they embark upon a new life together in the USA.
The ’90 day’ element of the title comes from the K-1 visa, which is issued to the foreign partner of a US citizen – after it is received, the couple have 90 days to marry.
90 Day Fiance: Colt Johnson and Vanessa Guerra announce their engagement (Picture: TLC)
How to watch 90 Day Fiance in the UK
You can catch up with the many seasons of 90 Day Fiance by streaming them on Discovery+.
Alternatively, you can buy individual episodes and full seasons on Amazon Prime, from £2.49 per episode and £10.99 per season.
How many 90 Day Fiance series are there?
As well as the main branch, the show has spawned 16 spin-off adaptations, each exploring different aspects of falling in love with someone living in another country. Some of the most popular include:
- 90 Day Fiance: Before The 90 Days – showing couples before they get to the K-1 visa stage; occasionally, this will be the first time they meet in person
- 90 Day Fiance: Happily Ever After? – showing past 90 Day Fiancé couples after they tie the knot, and after their initial visa period
- 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way – this series follows the occasions when the American partner moves to their lover’s country
‘Big’ Ed Brown, a cast member on Before the 90 Days (Picture: TLC)
Which 90 Day Fiance couples are the most famous?
With so many segments of the 90 Day universe out there, there are far too many pairings to take note of.
However, if you’re just starting your journey with these hopeless romantics, here are some of the brightest stars to have been featured so far…
- Nicole and Azan (season 4, 90 Day Fiance)
- Paul and Karine (season 1, Before The 90 Days)
- Big Ed and Rose (season 4, Before The 90 Days)
- Angela and Michael (season 2, Before The 90 Days)
- Colt and Larissa (and Vanessa) (season 6, 90 Day Fiance)
- Darcey and Jesse (season 1, Before The 90 Days)
- Darcey and Tom (season 4, Before The 90 Days)
- Andrei and Elizabeth (season 5, 90 Day Fiance)
When will 90 Day Fiance UK start?
The first UK season, which is currently looking for couples to take part, will include 12 episodes that follow six couples during their first 90 days together on British soil.
As of right now, there’s no confirmed launch date – we’ll be sure to let you know when there is.
Credit: Original article published here.