Lorraine Kelly isn’t going to stop urging viewers to get vaccinated even if her show gets hit with Ofcom complaints.
The presenter, 62, and Dr Hilary Jones, 68, regularly implore viewers to get their jab against Covid and every time they do there are critics trolling the duo.
Once again, during Monday’s Lorraine, the host and the medic ignored the backlash and stressed that the only way to live with Covid is if people get both their first and second jabs as well as a booster.
Responding to reports that Boris Johnson is about to unveil a plan to ‘live with Covid’ which could be in place as soon as March, Lorraine and Dr Hilary welcomed the news.
However, Dr Hilary stressed: ‘Vaccination has allowed this to be possible.’
‘We know the booster is keeping people out of hospital, protection after the third jab is three months and is still 90 percent protection against being hospitalised and 30 percent against mild infection,’ he said.
‘But the main thing is to get your first and second dose.’
‘You know every time we say this, we get trolled,’ said Lorraine.
However, she sent a firm message to her critics and said: ‘I don’t care, I really don’t – we have to be safe’.
Lorraine was recently hit with more than 3,000 Ofcom complaints after viewers called out Dr Hilary for mentioning a statistic, claiming 90 percent of those taking up hospital beds wit Covid are unvaccinated.
Ofcom previously confirmed it was ‘assessing’ complaints made against the programme.
‘We are assessing the complaints against our broadcasting rules, but are yet to decide whether or not to investigate,’ an Ofcom spokesperson told Metro.co.uk.
In the UK alone. more than 35 million people have received their booster jab while a further 141,000 people tested positive for the virus on January 9.
Lorraine airs weekdays at 9am on ITV.
Credit: Original article published here.