Katie Price has shared her sorrow at Richard Madeley being forced to pull out of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here after a sudden illness.
The Good Morning Britain presenter, 65, had been rushed to hospital in the early hours of Thursday morning after falling ill and later announced that he was not returning to the castle.
While he told his followers he was feeling much better, his trip to the hospital meant he broke the Covid ‘bubble’ the stars were in, meaning he was not allowed to rejoin.
Katie, 43, who previously appeared on the show herself, has been sharing daily reviews of each episode, and was devastated to see Richard leave.
She told her followers: ‘First of all it’s so sad, I’m so sad and gutted that Richard Madeley is now not coming back to the jungle [castle].
‘He did so well last night and he’s such a cool guy. I really like Richard and I reckon he would have gone quite far. So I send my regards to you, Richard, and your family and a speedy recovery.’
Richard had told his followers: ‘‘Hello all! Richard here – firstly just to say that I’m absolutely FINE.
‘I started to feel briefly unwell in the small hours of the morning and was taken to hospital as a precaution.
‘By leaving the camp, I had consequently broken the Covid ‘bubble’ and as such I’ve had to leave the castle and all the wonderful celebs that remain in the camp.
‘Obviously I’m gutted to be leaving so soon but the safety of all the campmates is the number one priority.’
Richard added: ‘I’m incredibly excited to watch their journey continue…even more so at the prospect of being somewhere a little warmer than Gwrych Castle.
‘Thank you to everyone who supported me on my brief but completely unforgettable adventure – I’ve made some great friends and honestly had the time of my life. Speak soon, Richard x.’
I’m A Celebrity airs weekdays from 9pm on ITV.
Credit: Original article published here.