I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! is back to our television screens on Sunday, and the series begins with a rather terrible trial.
Nigel Farage, Josie Gibson, and Nella Rose will be dumped in the centre of the scorching Australian outback, 2000 miles from the rest of the campmates on the Gold Coast.
Rather than relaxing and getting to know one other, they’ll have to go to work soon.
This Morning personality Josie, 38, politician Nigel, 59, and YouTube star Nella, 26, will compete in outback activities to earn time for their fellow campmates. This will aid them in their quest for stars, which means food.
The trio will only see red dessert as they must work together as a team in the sweltering heat to secure the camp’s success. So, no worries!
This is only the beginning of the agony, as the challenges will be more difficult than ever before.
Executive producer Laura Woolf told The Sun: ‘The launch show is bigger and there are things we have never done before.’
The campmates are supposed to consume the canned Baltic herring Surströmming, which has been characterised as smelling like decaying flesh, making the eating trials even more awful. The disgusting Swedish food has already gone popular on TikTok, with social media users daring themselves to complete the plate and failing.
Celebrities who are afraid of heights will also be out of luck, as they will confront the highest-ever jungle task.
If they’re searching for someone to blame, they could talk to last year’s participants, who included champion Jill Scott, Owen Warner, and Matt Hancock, who made some of the challenges appear simple, leaving viewers moaning and wanting the stakes raised.
‘ITV has not come to play this year. The brief to teams was bigger, better, harder, and more disgusting than ever,’ a source told the publication.
‘Gone are the days of Helen Flanagan and Kim Woodburn shrieking through trials, and it’s been ages since our last ‘Get Me Out Of Here!’ when a celeb refuses to take part. They’ve all got tougher and more professional as nobody wants to be seen as a quitter.’
‘Bosses are determined to really push the line-up this year,’ they revealed.
In the main series, Anne Hegerty was the final celebrity to utter the titular statement. The Chase actress was coated in mealworms in 2018, and she stopped in less than two minutes.
Explaining her decision she said: ‘I did the first one in 90 seconds. That was ok. I got two stars. Then it all went pear-shaped. Absolutely freak out disgusting.
‘And I came out and I was just covered in gunk and mealworms and I was like no, no more, can’t do it so I shouted I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!’
Carol Vorderman took part in the inaugural all-stars edition, which aired earlier this year, and later dropped out of a water testing.
‘I’m sorry I might even cry. My one real fear is drowning. I could see there was a snake in the breathing hole,’ she shared at the time.
We hope the cast, which also includes Jamie-Lynn Spears, Sam Thompson, Fred Siriex, Grace Dent, Marvin Humes, Danielle Harold, and Nick Pickard, enjoys a challenge, or they may go hungry!
I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! launches this Sunday at 9pm on ITV1 & ITVX