I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! star Beverley Callard has defended herself after she was ruled out of Tuesday’s trial on medical grounds.
When Ant and Dec entered the camp on Monday’s show, the actress insisted she was ‘not a wuss’ after she was made exempt from the public vote.
Instead, Shane Ritchie was voted in by the public to take on the Cruel Jewels trial.
The teasers for the upcoming trial suggest Shane will have his critters around his head on Tuesday’s show, as well as snakes around his body.
It’s no great surprise that Beverley is excluded from some trials on medical grounds. She underwent hip surgery earlier this year and came close to being unable to do the show at all.
Beverley did however previously say that there was only one thing that her surgery would stop her from doing – bungee jumping.
Speaking to Metro.co.uk, Beverley previously said before going into the show: ‘I would hate it if they said, “Beverley can’t take part in this because of medical reasons”. I don’t want to be thought of as a wuss. Definitely not. That would drive me insane.’
Beverley continued: ‘Everything else I can do. I can walk, I can go upstairs, I can do everything. I have not missed one physio session. I’ve done hydrotherapy. I’ve done the whole lot. Believe me, I’ve worked my socks off to be here.’
Beverley took part in the first eating trial of the series, but some fans were unimpressed as they believed she was given ‘easier’ options because she is vegan.
I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! airs daily at 9pm on ITV.