My Celebrity Life

I’m A Celebrity 2021: Show cancelled for third time in a row as bosses repair huge storm damage

I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! has been cancelled again on Monday as bosses repair huge damage caused by Storm Arwen.

Stars have been self isolating after leaving Gwrych Castle over the weekend, with the live shows being replaced by pre-recorded programmes on Saturday and Sunday.

It has now been reported that Monday’s live show has also been axed but ITV confirmed I’m A Celebrity will be back on Tuesday November 30 with a brand new show presented by Ant and Dec.

Instead, a repeat of Freddie and Jamie’s DNA Journey, following Freddie Flintoff and Jamie Redknapp exploring their family history will air at 9pm on Monday.

ITV previously said in a statement: ‘Owing to technical difficulties caused by extreme weather conditions in the area, there will be no new episodes of I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! this weekend (Saturday and Sunday).

The show’s production base received heavy damage from Storm Arwen, with tents being destroyed, meaning all but essential staff were made to leave.

Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby confirmed the news of Monday’s episode being cancelled alongside former campmate Matthew Wright on This Morning.

Phillip said: ‘There has been announced that there is no live I’m A Celebrity tonight.’

Matthew later added: “I’m not surprised today’s show has been cancelled. I’m wondering whether we’re going to see an episode on Tuesday.’

It comes after hosts Ant and Dec gave viewers an update over the show’s future – and didn’t have a whole lot of good news to share with fans.

Celebrities left the castle during the storm (Picture: ITV)

Addressing fans from inside Ant’s cottage, the pair said together: ‘Hello and welcome to we’re celebrities and get us in there!’

“I’ve got an update,’ Dec went on. ‘The site was quite badly damaged during the storm and they are in there, working round the clock to try and get it back up and running and up to speed so we can get back on air as quickly as humanly possible.

When will the show return? (Picture: ITV)

The programme already got off to a rocky start after campmate Richard Madeley, 65, was forced to leave after falling ill in the early hours of Thursday morning.

He had to visit the hospital for tests and this meant he had broken the Covid bubble and was unable to return to camp.

It is not yet known when the celebrities will be returned to camp, but they will be transferred back to the castle once it is deemed safe to do so.

 


Credit: Original article published here.

Related posts

Stacey Solomon surprises Joe Swash with amazing ‘man cave’ for his 40th birthday present: ‘You mean everything to us’

John Turner

Euphoria season 2: Eric Dane reveals how he heard Cal’s ‘backstory’ twist from Zendaya

John Turner

Will there be another series of Only Connect?

John Turner
%d bloggers like this: