Nadine Coyle feels ‘really sorry’ for the contestants taking part in I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! in Wales – as they are missing the Australian experience.
The Girls Aloud star was reflecting on her own time in the jungle when the conversation turned to the 2021 series, which is set in North Wales once again due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
‘I do feel really sorry for the people in this series,’ the singer told Metro.co.uk.
‘It’s great that the show is able to continue, but I do feel sorry for the people who are not getting the experience that Australia brings.
‘Because that was so, so, so special.’
Nadine made the comments before this year’s show was hit by multiple set-backs, including Richard Madeley forced to leave for health reasons and the arrival of Storm Arwen damaging the set, cancelling episodes and seeing the contestants evacuated for their safety.
Even without the knowledge of what this year’s series would bring, Nadine, who came in fifth place in the 19th series of the show, was adamant that she would never take up any invitation to appear in the castle in Wales.
‘No. No. No. Absolutely not’, she insisted. ‘That’s a definite, strong no!’
However, she would return to the jungle in a heartbeat, admitting she ‘really loved it’.
The singer said: ‘Some people were talking about hardships [in the jungle], but I’m like “I loved it in the jungle!”.’
She explained she felt ‘so brave and accomplished having done it’, asking: ‘Have you seen the size of the spiders?!
‘I just don’t know if staying in a castle in Wales would give me that same sense of accomplishment.’
Speaking of accomplishments, there were a few things during Nadine’s time in the jungle that she would not be in a hurry to relive – such as jumping out of the helicopter on her arrival.
‘I did not enjoy one second of that’, she admitted. ‘I enjoyed landing back on earth and getting my parachute off me and walking away!’
So far, this year’s series of I’m A Celeb has been battered by hardships, with Monday’s live show the third to be axed due to the devastation of Storm Arwen.
Stars have been self isolating after leaving Gwrych Castle over the weekend, with the live shows being replaced by pre-recorded programmes on Saturday and Sunday.
However, ITV bosses have confirmed that the live editions, hosted by Ant and Dec, will return on Tuesday.
It has also been confirmed that there will be a new live public vote during Tuesday’s episode, which will see viewers decide who will take on the next trial.
I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! continues on Tuesday at 9pm on ITV.