My Celebrity Life

Jason Fox ‘would consider’ taking over from Ant Middleton as SAS: Who Dares Wins host

Jason discussed the future of the Channel 4 show (Credits: Ryan Mcnamara)

Jason Fox has spoken about the future of SAS: Who Dares Wins, saying that he ‘would consider’ replacing Ant Middleton as host if asked.

Channel 4 said in March that Ant would not be making future series of Who Dares Wins due to ‘personal conduct’.

While Jason said that conversations about who could replace Ant had yet to take place, the former Royal Marine revealed he’d be open to the possibility of stepping up as main host.

Speaking to Metro.co.uk, Jason said: ‘Yeah, I’d always consider doing what anyone asked me to do.’

‘It’s not dissimilar to being in the military sometimes. You do a job for a certain amount of time and then someone says “right, we want you to do this”.’

He added: ‘[We’ll] take it in our stride, whoever does it. I’ll support whatever the decision is. I treat the whole thing like being in a department at the old unit I used to be in.’

Jason has been a key part of SAS: Who Dares Wins since its inception, acting as one of the directing staff since it was first broadcast in 2015.

Channel 4 cut ties with Ant Middleton earlier this year (Picture: Channel 4)

The 44-year-old also said that the show has yet to make any decision regarding who will replace Ant.

‘It’s not even really a conversation we’ve had,’ Jason said. ‘We’re just trying to finish this one and then there’s the celebrity version coming later in the year. So it’s all about this at the moment.

‘Once we’ve squared that way, then I suppose the conversation will be had. Obviously that’s way above my pay grade.’

While Ant is currently still serving as host on the current series, which ends on Sunday, he won’t be involved in future instalments.

Jason has been a part of the show since back in 2015 (Picture: Pete Dadds)

The former SBS officer was dropped by Channel 4 but continues to front the Australian version of the gruelling reality series. It comes after several people complained about his ‘inappropriate comments’ towards female staff members on set, which he dismissed as ‘indirect and just military banter’.

Jason also spoke about the show, and said that he was ‘proud’ that SAS: Who Dares Wins has become a platform for people to open up about their life experiences.

‘That’s the main reason I did it in the first place really, was to open up myself. The fact that it’s now a platform for people to talk about their journey with life, whether it’s positive or negative, I think it’s awesome. I love it and it’s probably the one think everyone else loves about the show.’

He added: ‘It’s not about us running around beasting people. It’s about getting stuff out of people and them opening up and having the bravery and the courage to talk about whatever it is that they’ve got going on that they need to address.’

Metro.co.uk has reached out to Channel 4 for comment.

SAS: Who Dares Wins continues on Sunday at 9pm on Channel 4.


Credit: Original article published here.

Related posts

Doctor Who: When is Series 13 coming out and how many episodes will there be?

John Turner

Strictly 2021: Dianne Buswell says Anton Du Beke joining judging panel will be ‘bittersweet’

John Turner

Doctor Who: Who will play the 14th Doctor? All the favourites as Jodie Whittaker leaves

John Turner
%d bloggers like this: