During Oprah’s interview with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Meghan outlined the impact the pressures of being in the royal family had on her mental health.
Following ex-Good Morning Britain presenter Piers’ remarks earlier this week that he didn’t believe her revelation that she experienced suicidal thoughts, Meghan and Harry issued a formal complaint with ITV, which they have now followed with another to Ofcom.
In a statement sent to Metro.co.uk, an Ofcom spokesperson said: ‘We can confirm receipt of a standards complaint made on behalf of the Duchess of Sussex.’
After expressing his disbelief over Meghan’s comments in her chat with Oprah, Piers was challenged by fellow TV presenter Alex Beresford on GMB.
Piers stormed off the set during their row, as Alex told him: ‘Meghan is entitled to cut you off,’ in reference to the fact that Piers and Meghan once shared a drink in London several years ago.
After 41,000 people complained to Ofcom about Piers’ conduct on the ITV talk show, it was announced that he had decided to quit after five years.
In a statement, ITV said: ‘Following discussions with ITV, Piers Morgan has decided now is the time to leave Good Morning Britain.
‘ITV has accepted this decision and has nothing further to add.’
It was reported that Piers quit after refusing to apologise for the comments he made about the duchess.
This article is being updated.
Harry and Meghan’s Oprah interview: Key moments
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have spoken to Oprah Winfrey in a bombshell interview about their decision to step back as senior working members of the Royal Family.
Here are the key points from the interview, which UK viewers can watch at 9pm on ITV on Monday, March 8.
- Meghan says it was Kate who made her cry over flower girls, not other way round
- Meghan says Harry was told there were ‘concerns how dark’ Archie would be
- Harry and Meghan reveal the gender of their baby due in summer
- Meghan sobs as she says pressures of royal life drove her to the verge of suicide
- Prince Charles stopped taking Harry’s calls after he quit Royal Family
- Harry says Meghan saved him from being ‘trapped’ like Prince Charles and Prince William are
- Princess Diana would be ‘sad and angry about how this has panned out’
- Meghan and Harry share adorable new video of son Archie at the beach
- Harry confirms terrible rift with William and says their relationship is now just ‘space’
- Queen ‘ghosted Harry during Megxit talks and got aide to say she was too busy’