Strictly Come Dancing contestants have not been banned from socialising over fears a Covid outbreak could prematurely end the series, insiders claim.
Reports had suggested that bosses are ‘paranoid’ the beloved BBC competition show could fall to pieces should any of the celebrities test positive and that the dancers had been advised to refrain from attending any parties during the course of the series.
The news came as McFly star Tom Fletcher and his partner Amy Dowden returned to the programme on Saturday night after having to isolate for 10 days due to coronavirus.
‘Paranoia is swirling around the BBC studios – everyone is fearful of getting Covid and ruining their chances,’ a TV source told the Mirror.
‘They’ve been advised to avoid big events or partying – anything that could see them testing positive for the virus.
‘Producers have been very clear that health and safety come first, which means contestants have had to forego painting the town red as was customary in previous years.’
However, Metro.co.uk insiders have said rubbished the reports and blasted them as ‘untrue’.
A Strictly spokesperson added: ‘Strictly Come Dancing production continues to follow strict Government and industry guidelines to ensure the safety of all on the show.’
They were scored 39 by the judges, with only Craig Revel Horwood not giving the pair a perfect score.
Judge Anton Du Beke said: ‘I’m a little overwhelmed, really.
‘I have to be honest with you, I thought it might be a bit camp, this number.
‘It was the best thing I have seen all night. You were so strong and believable and powerful.’
Shirley Ballas added: ‘I haven’t seen anything like that. Thank you for closing our show with such a magnificent performance.’
Strictly Come Dancing airs tonight at 7.10pm on BBC One.
Credit: Original article published here.