My Celebrity Life

Oti Mabuse teases return to Strictly Come Dancing just two months after exit: ‘I’m not done’

Oti Mabuse has teased fans with the intel that she might return to Strictly Come Dancing just two months after her exit.

The star, 31, quit the show earlier this year, but it now appears that she might have had a change of heart.

At the time of confirming her decision to leave the show, the star shared a selection of highlight images from her time in the competition, and she wrote on her Instagram account that it’s ‘Never easy to say goodbye’ and that lifting the glitterball was the ‘best journey’.

She added: ‘I’m honestly so grateful to The BBC and will always remember that Strictly and BBC brought me to the UK – which I now call home and I have learnt and grown so much. – Thank You from the bottom of my heart.’

Now, in a recent interview, she appears to be making a U-turn, saying: ‘Strictly has been everything to me and has given me this amazing platform that I have.’

Speaking to WalesOnline, she added: ‘No, I’m not done. It still has a place in my heart.’

Oti won the Glitterball with Kelvin Fletcher in 2019 (Picture: BBC)

The change of heart comes as her new show Romeo and Duet, in which she made her presenting debut, has divided viewers and her fans.

Many of her supporters took to Twitter to criticise the dating show and question why Oti had left Strictly.

One said: ‘Thoughts with the awesome @OtiMabuse, who left smash hit @bbcstrictly and now presents the absolute crock that is Romeo and Duet.’

Another echoed the same sentiment: ‘@OtiMabuse please go back to @bbcstrictly#romeoandduet is complete rubbish! It’s dire!

Others thought the same: ‘#romeoandduet………WTAF is this programme?? Omg Saturday night viewing at its best!! #Saturday

 

 

 

In February, the star took to Instagram to confirm that she was planning to leave Strictly after an impressive seven years and two consecutive wins.

Addressing her departure in full, Oti said that she achieved everything she set out to do during her time on the hit BBC series, but didn’t want to get to the point where she wasn’t ‘happy any more.’

Oti now presents Romeo and Duet (Picture: ITV)

‘It feels like I’m leaving family behind – even the backstage team, the people viewers don’t get to see – but when you know it’s time to go, you know,’ she told You magazine.

‘We cried for hours. I’m still crying now,’ she added.

‘When I came to Britain I said to myself, “my dream is to win Strictly,” and I have, and it was such an amazing seven years, but I’ve done what I needed to do.’

Oti joined Strictly in 2015 after a hugely successful career as a dancer, including being an eight-time South African Latin American Champion.

This year, Oti made her debut as a judge on Dancing On Ice, where she is rumoured to be signing up for a second series after impressing bosses and viewers alike.

‘Oti is already very much part of the Dancing on Ice family –  she fits in so well,’ a source told The Sun.

‘She is full of good vibes and just makes everyone laugh. She is so infectious. She’s here to stay hopefully!’

Strictly Come Dancing returns to BBC One later this year.

 


Credit: Original article published here.

Related posts

Katie Price kicks off 44th birthday celebrations sharing cosy selfie with fiance Carl Woods

John Turner

Holly Willoughby and Bradley Walsh’s BBC travel prize quiz show Take Off ‘axed’

John Turner

Britain’s Got Talent viewers mesmerised by busker’s ‘powerful’ performance: ‘The best audition of the series so far by a country mile’

John Turner
%d bloggers like this: