According to sources, Phillip Schofield has called out to Holly Willoughby to give his support in the wake of her scary kidnapping threat.
Holly, 42, is claimed to be’shaken’ and ‘in bits’ after a guy allegedly plotted her kidnapping and murder last week.
On Friday (October 5), it was revealed that a shopping centre security officer had been remanded in jail in connection with the plan against the This Morning host.
Gavin Plumb, 36, is accused of soliciting the murder of David Nelson and inciting him to commit kidnapping between October 2 and 5 in Harlow, Essex.
ITV executives were informed of the situation on Thursday morning, with Holly bailing out of her presenting position at the last minute and now taking a vacation from our screens.
Phillip, 61, was claimed to be ‘sickened’ after discovering what Holly was going through, causing him to approach her.
According to The Mirror, the former daytime star – who now keeps a low profile after quitting television completely – has been in touch with former friend Holly.
According to a source, Holly was’really delighted’ to hear from Phillip.
According to reports, this was the first time the duo, who were previously close friends and presented ITV shows together for almost a decade, had communicated in five months.
Phillip abruptly resigned from ITV earlier this year after admitting to lying about an affair with a much younger male colleague that occurred while he was still married and prior to coming out as homosexual.
The consequences was massive, with his old company launching an inquiry.
Phillip has categorically denied that co-star Holly was aware of the ‘unwise, but not criminal’ connection.
Phillip and Holly have since unfollowed each other on Instagram, with Phillip removing any traces of her from his page, implying bad blood.
But, an insider has now said: ‘Holly and Phil’s friendship was so close before the events of this year.
‘Phil’s decision to reach out, and the welcome it has been received with by Holly, shows that there is still a bond there.’
They added that there is ‘hope’ that the duo can ‘regain some of the ground lost’ and ‘support each other again.’
Meanwhile, Holly is off the air for the time being and is thought to be under 24-hour police and ITV protection.
A spokesperson for ITV said: ‘This news has come as a huge shock to everyone at This Morning and ITV.
‘We are providing all of the support we can to Holly and her family at this incredibly distressing time.’
The suspect, from Harlow, has been remanded into custody by District Judge Caroline Jackson.
He spoke in court today, only to confirm his name.
A plea hearing is scheduled at Chelmsford Crown Court for November 3.