The 55-year-old presenter dramatically quit the ITV show on Tuesday after clashing with Alex Beresford, who criticised him for ‘continuing to trash’ the Duchess of Sussex, and it remains to be seen what he’ll do next.
It’s been reported that Piers has had talks with Simon Cowell about teaming up for a new project, while Andrew Neil reckons Piers would be a ‘huge asset’ to GB News, which launches later this year.
There are also claims Piers may join Rupert Murdoch’s upcoming News UK TV venture or join Fox News.
Either way, Piers hasn’t been shy of job offers and some have reached the £10million mark.
‘He has had millions of pounds worth of offers,’ a source claimed. ‘He turned GMB into a ratings hit, it seems everything he touches turns to gold.
‘People love his honesty, even the people that don’t like him, they can’t help but be interested in what he says.’
The insider added to The Mirror: ‘Some of the offers have hit the £10million mark, and it seems he may be able to land exactly what he wants.’
Piers has said his exit from Good Morning Britain was caused by ‘cancel culture’.
‘I thus became the latest ‘victim’ of the cancel culture that is permeating our country, every minute, of every hour, of every day,’ he wrote on Instagram earlier this week.
‘Though of course, I consider myself to be neither a victim, nor actually cancelled.
‘However, I do believe the defence of free speech and the right to express honestly held opinions is the most important issue of my career, and the most important issue in British society.’
He added: ‘It is a privilege to live in a democracy, and it is a privilege to be British.
‘As I said when I left GMB, the right to free speech is a hill worth dying on.’