The Duchess of Sussex was joined by Prince Harry in a two-hour chat with US television host Oprah, where they were seen discussing why they chose to leave the Royal family.
In the interview, which airs on ITV tonight, Meghan opened up about feeling suicidal and claimed to have experienced racism within the Palace.
She also discussed her relationship with her father and how she felt betrayed by him, as she claimed Thomas ‘lied’ to her about speaking to the media about her.
Now, Piers has revealed that Thomas will appear on Good Morning Britain to discuss Meghan’s interview.
The GMB host tweeted a throwback picture of Thomas and Meghan together and tweeted: ‘UPDATE: Meghan Markle trashed her dad on US TV today.
‘On tomorrow’s @GMB, Thomas Markle will give his first exclusive interview in response.’
Meghan and Harry’s interview aired over in the US on Sunday night on CBS.
Piers has made no secret of what he thought about their chat with Oprah, as he was seen venting on GMB that he was ‘sickened’ by what he had watched.
He told GMB viewers: ‘I’m angry to the point of bawling over today. I’m sickened by what I just had to watch.
‘This is a two-hour trashathon of our royal family, of the monarchy and everything our queen has worked so hard for and it’s all been done while Prince Philip lies in hospital.
‘They trash everybody. They basically make out our Royal family are a bunch of white supremacists by this race bombshell.
‘They didn’t name any which one it was, they just throw it out there so it could be anybody. Well, you better say it fast.’
Not everyone was of the same viewpoint, though, and BBC Breakfast’s Naga Munchetty defended Meghan and Harry for speaking out and refusing to be silenced.
She said: ‘I think if people feel they need to speak up about their situation, all power to them and I think the scrutiny around them, you have to just, in any of those situations, you have to just be aware of what’s important,’ she said on BBC’s Morning Live.
‘It is your family and obviously what they have made clear is they want to protect their family and protect their mental health and wellbeing. I wish them all the luck.’
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s interview with Oprah Winfrey airs Monday March 8 on ITV at 9pm.
Harry and Meghan’s Oprah interview: Key moments
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have spoken to Oprah Winfrey in a bombshell interview about their decision to step back as senior working members of the Royal Family.
Here are the key points from the interview, which UK viewers can watch at 9pm on ITV on Monday, March 8.
- Meghan says it was Kate who made her cry over flower girls, not other way round
- Meghan says Harry was told there were ‘concerns how dark’ Archie would be
- Harry and Meghan reveal the gender of their baby due in summer
- Meghan sobs as she says pressures of royal life drove her to the verge of suicide
- Prince Charles stopped taking Harry’s calls after he quit Royal Family
- Harry says Meghan saved him from being ‘trapped’ like Prince Charles and Prince William are
- Princess Diana would be ‘sad and angry about how this has panned out’
- Meghan and Harry share adorable new video of son Archie at the beach
- Harry confirms terrible rift with William and says their relationship is now just ‘space’
- Queen ‘ghosted Harry during Megxit talks and got aide to say she was too busy’