My Celebrity Life

Piers Morgan slams ‘absurd’ decision to sack Ant Middleton from SAS: Who Dares Wins

Piers Morgan has slammed Channel 4’s ‘absurd’ decision to fire Ant Middleton from SAS: Who Dares Wins despite his comments about coronavirus.

On Monday, the TV channel confirmed that Ant wouldn’t be returning to front the show over his ‘personal conduct’.

Since the announcement was made, Ant has been flooded with support from his celeb pals and fans, including the Good Morning Britain host.

Piers, who has been vocal about his opposition to ‘Covidiots’ throughout the pandemic, threw his support behind Ant despite the former soldier’s controversial comments where he said ‘coronavirus doesn’t bother him’.

Taking to Twitter on Tuesday, Piers shared a picture of the pair, where Ant seems to have the ITV presenter in a headlock.

‘Absurd that Channel 4 fired @antmiddleton for his opinions,’ he captioned the snap.

‘He’s an SAS special forces war hero, what did they think they were hiring – a shrinking violet choirboy? Such a spineless surrender to the PC Police. Ant’s a top bloke – when he’s not strangling me.’

 

In March 2020, Ant faced criticism when he said Covid-19 ‘doesn’t affect him’ because he is ‘strong and able and it has no benefit or positive impact on my life.’

He later was forced to apologise for comments he made regarding Black Lives Matter protesters, where he appeared to call them ‘scum’.

Yesterday, a spokesperson for Channel 4 told Metro.co.uk that Ant wouldn’t be returning to the programme.

My Celebrity Life –
Ant Middleton broke the news to his followers on Instagram (Picture: Rex/PA)

‘Following a number of discussions Channel 4 and Minnow Films have had with him in relation to his personal conduct it has become clear that our views and values are not aligned and we will not be working with him again,’ they said in a statement.

Ant also took to social media to share the news with his followers as he told them ‘it’s been a journey I’ll never forget’.

‘Hi guys, I’ve got some news which is that after 5 incredible years I’ve decided it’s time to move on from SAS Who Dares Wins UK,’ he wrote.

‘Big respect to my fellow DS – its been a journey I’ll never forget. Thanks to everyone that took part and made the show what it is. Really excited about the future and what’s coming this year. Stay positive.’

It comes after Ant reportedly quit his role as Chief Cadet of the Volunteer Cadet Corp with the Royal Navy after receiving backlash for a tweet about Black Lives Matter during the protests last year.

 

Related posts

I’m A Celebrity 2021 advert slammed as Ant McPartlin rides small pony: ‘This is cruel and not funny!’

John Turner

Matthew Wright hits out at ‘ageist and sexist’ Steve Allen critics following Tilly Ramsay fat-shaming backlash: ‘There’s too much hate in the world’

John Turner

Strictly’s Johannes Radebe feared homophobic abuse before agreeing to same-sex partnership with John Whaite: ‘I was scared of the reaction it could bring’

John Turner
%d bloggers like this: