My Celebrity Life

Princess Diana’s brother concerned over postponement of Panorama investigation

My Celebrity Life –

Princess Diana’s brother has responded to the delay (Credits: John Stillwell/PA Wire)

Earl Spencer has responded over the BBC’s decision to delay the upcoming Panorama special on the 1995 interview between Princess Diana and Martin Bashir.

The Princess of Wales’ brother has expressed his concerns after the programme – which was set to be aired on Monday evening – was postponed, with a new release date yet to be confirmed.

He tweeted: ‘Well there’s a surprise. What’s next? My guess: a rush by the BBC Director General to get Lord Dyson’s report out, before its expected publication date on Friday, so he can claim, with apparent regret: “Sadly this Panorama is now no longer relevant.” ‘

Following the allegations made against Bashir last year, former Supreme Court judge Lord Dyson was hired by the BBC to launch an independent investigation.

However, police have confirmed they will not be looking into the interview as a criminal investigation.

Meanwhile, the film was expected to look into allegations that Diana was lied to in order to agree to speaking to presenter and journalist Bashir. It was recently confirmed that Bashir has left the BBC on health grounds amid the investigation.

My Celebrity Life –

The interview has also been investigated by Lord Dyson (Picture: BBC)

It proved to be one of the biggest televised interviews of all time, with millions tuning in to watch Diana confirm Prince Charles’ affair with Camilla Parker-Bowles by declaring: ‘There were three of us in the marriage.’

The Panorama team were said to be looking into how Bashir managed to convince the Princess of Wales into the discussion at Kensington Palace.

Earl Spencer, previously alleged that Diana was shown false financial documents as proof a member of staff was leaking stories to the press.

Alan Waller, a former employee of Diana’s brother, later went to the police to make a report after being allegedly named in the documents as the ‘spy’.

Bashir is yet to comment on the allegations, after falling ill last August with coronavirus, and subsequently having a quadruple heart bypass operation.

The BBC’s head of newsgathering, Jonathan Munro told staff about Bashir’s exit, saying: ‘Martin Bashir has stepped down from his position as the BBC’s religion editor and is leaving the corporation. He let us know of his decision last month, just before being readmitted to hospital for another surgical procedure on his heart.’

‘Although he underwent major surgery toward the end of last year, he is facing some ongoing issues and has decided to focus on his health. We wish him a complete and speedy recovery.’


Credit: Original article published here.

Related posts

New York’s Cult Drugstore Skincare Brand Is Available In The UK & It’s Affordable

John Turner

Richard Madeley sparks backlash after asking Sir Keir Starmer: ‘Is Angela Rayner still your best girl?’

John Turner

Katie Price’s daughter Princess Andre reveals brother Harvey unintentionally hurts Bunny and Jett as he ‘loves sound of crying’

John Turner
%d bloggers like this: