CBS This Morning anchor Gayle revealed yesterday that she had spoken to the couple about their fallout with the rest of the family following their interview with Oprah Winfrey.
According to the TV presenter, Meghan and Harry feel their conversation with Prince William and Prince Charles was ‘unproductive’ but were glad a conversation has been started.
Reacting to the revelation, Ranvir said on Good Morning Britain: ‘I wonder what’s to be gained, you know when you think, “What is the game-plan?” What is the gain from telling a very prominent TV presenter who you know is going to go on TV and talk about it?
‘What is the gain for Meghan and Harry for allowing that information out. What is it? It seems a little bit mean-spirited. You’ve had your moment, you’ve had your two hours on telly where you’ve said everything you wanted to say.
‘You just think what is the point of it at this point, releasing little tidbits. Are we expecting to hear every conversation that happens?’
Ben Shephard, who earlier branded the situation ‘uncomfortable’, suggested: ‘Unless it’s to keep it out there to keep the conversation viable so they keep https://videos.metro.co.uk/video/met/2021/03/17/4013051864329767919/480x270_MP4_4013051864329767919.mp4 happening.’
Dr Hilary Jones chimed in: ‘I think you’re right Ranvir, reconciliation is needed and they need an independent third party who can be a go-between between them.’
Offering her take, Susanna Reid said: ‘The fact of the matter is it’s going to be harder now because any conversation they have, the royal family are going to wonder if it’s going to be leaked.’
Ranvir added: ‘It’s almost as if they didn’t get what they wanted and expected an immediate release of guilt and shame.’
‘You’re absolutely right Ranvir, they wanted that conversation to be different and they didn’t get what they wanted,’ Susanna agreed.
Good Morning Britain airs weekdays at 6am on ITV.
Harry and Meghan’s Oprah interview: Key moments
Here are the key points from the interview, which UK viewers can watch at 9pm on ITV on Monday, March 8.
- Meghan says it was Kate who made her cry over flower girls, not other way round
- Meghan says Harry was told there were ‘concerns how dark’ Archie would be
- Harry and Meghan reveal the gender of their baby due in summer
- Meghan sobs as she says pressures of royal life drove her to the verge of suicide
- Prince Charles stopped taking Harry’s calls after he quit Royal Family
- Harry says Meghan saved him from being ‘trapped’ like Prince Charles and Prince William are
- Princess Diana would be ‘sad and angry about how this has panned out’
- Meghan and Harry share adorable new video of son Archie at the beach
- Harry confirms terrible rift with William and says their relationship is now just ‘space’
- Queen ‘ghosted Harry during Megxit talks and got aide to say she was too busy’