Real Housewives of Salt Lake City wants to air Jen Shah’s legal drama (Picture: AP)
Bravo’s Real Housewives of Salt Lake City is hoping to use as much footage as they can from Jennifer Shah’s ongoing legal drama.
The reality star, 47, has pleaded not guilty to running a telemarketing fraud scheme.
Shah stands accused of being ‘at the highest level’ of the fraud which is alleged to have netted her $5million (£3.6million) in proceeds of crime.
Speaking about how things would play out on the show, a source told US Weekly: ‘Production sees this as a great storyline. One that everyone will want to see unfold.’
The insider added: ‘It’s ratings gold. They’re going to use as much footage as they can that they’re legally allowed to use.’
Friday saw Shah dial in from Utah for her federal court arraignment in Manhattan to plead not guilty to charges of conspiracy to commit wire fraud and conspiracy to commit money laundering, according to reports from Page Six.
The 47-year-old has pleaded not guilty to running a telemarketing fraud scheme (Picture: Heidi Gutman/Bravo/NBCU Photo Bank/ Getty Images)
Shah is currently free on a $1million (£723,000) bond secured by $250,000 cash or property, which was set for her and co-defendant Stuart Smith, who also pleaded not guilty.
Assistant US Attorney Kiersten Fletcher asked a judge to set a $1million bond secured by $250,000 (£181,000) cash or property separately for Shah and her alleged right-hand man and co-defendant Stuart Smith.
Fletcher told the court that the pair had ‘multiple shell companies’ and that just one of those had ‘received no less than $5million in crime proceeds over just the last few years of the scheme.
The reality won fans after the Bravo show premiered last year (Picture: Chad Kirkland/Bravo)
‘The government’s view is that Shah and Smith together controlled no less than $5million in crime proceeds that passed through just that one entity account. And there are other accounts in the name of other shell companies.’
It’s alleged Shah and Smith have been running a US-wide fraud scheme since 2012, selling services such as website designs which claimed to make the management of victims’ businesses more profitable or efficient, according to prosecutors.
The pair are also alleged to have offered to sell on the personal information of victims to other members in the ‘fraud ring’, with many of those targeted being over 55 years of age.
If found guilty, Shah could face a lengthy prison sentence with the charge of conspiracy to commit wire fraud in connection with telemarketing carrying a maximum sentence of 30 years and conspiracy to commit money laundering carries a maximum sentence of 20 years.
Credit: Original article published here.