The Royal Family has refused to say if Mike Tindall asked for permission to compete in this year’s I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!.
The rugby ace, who is married to Queen Elizabeth II’s granddaughter Zara Tindall, joins the all-star cast alongside Boy George, Chris Moyles, Jill Scott, Olivia Attwood, and more.
The Telegraph reported Buckingham Palace did not confirm or deny whether Mr Tindall had sought advice before entering the jungle.
Aides for the family would also not comment on whether specific topics were off-limits.
A spokesman simply pointed out that Mr Tindall is not a working member of the Royal Family.
Mr Tindall has also batted off questions regarding permissions to take part in the show.
He told Mirror.co.uk: ‘That’s not something I need to tell you,’ when landing at the airport in Brisbane.
However, he did speak about the strain of missing his family while being Down Under.
‘The family I will miss the most of course. This will probably be the longest time I have been away and then not having communication, that will be the hardest bit.’
He will reportedly receive a £150,000 pay cheque for his appearance on the show.
The Royal told The Sun that his wife had been supportive of him signing up for the show.
‘I was always on the fence but I do think it will be good fun at the end of the day,’ he said.
‘That is the other thing, I like groups of people and I like things that can be good fun so let’s see. I might regret it.’
I’m A Celebrity 2022 begins on Sunday November 6 at 9pm on ITV.