My Celebrity Life

SAS: Who Dares Wins’ Ant Middleton says he wants to ‘wipe hands’ of UK show after taking up role in Australia

My Celebrity Life –
Ant is still appearing on the latest season of SAS: Who Dares Wins which wrapped filming earlier this year (Picture: Channel 4/Channel 7)

Ant Middleton was the main man of Channel 4 challenge show SAS: Who Dares Wins before parting ways with the broadcaster earlier this year.

The former Special Forces soldier was axed from Channel 4 due to his ‘personal conduct’ which came after some controversial comments made in relation to Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement and Covid-19.

But Ant, 40, who is now set to appear on the Australian version of the show, has hit out at his former role in a recent interview, explaining why he had decided to sign-up down under.

He told The Daily Telegraph in Australia: ‘The UK version fell out of my grasp and was taken out of my grip, so I was worried about this version being the same.

‘It wasn’t until I sat down with the heads of Channel 7 and they said, “we want you to run it and do what you do best”, I knew it would be different.’

Ant had further scathing critiques for the show which made him famous on Channel 4.

He continued to the publication: ‘The last UK episode finishes on Sunday and then I am going to wipe my hands of them and move forward. Hopefully they leave me alone.

My Celebrity Life –
Ant was previously dropped from SAS: Who Dares Wins over personal conduct (Picture: Channel 4)

‘There’s a lot of witch hunting going on, there’s no doubt about that,’ he added.

It comes just days after Ant was left fuming to fans on Instagram after he discovered a picture with himself in was still being used to promote the UK version of the show in Aus.

Viewers in Australia can watch the UK equivalent via catch-up service 7plus.

My Celebrity Life –
Ant will now be seen on the Australian version of the show (Picture: Rex/ITV)

‘I’ve just seen an advert of SAS UK on 7+ here in Australia!’ he wrote.

‘Funny how the UK cancel culture “supposedly” sacked me but they’re still willing to make money from my profile, my brand, my name, my work and my show!’

The latest series of the UK franchise reportedly wrapped up filming back in March, shortly before Ant announced his departure from the competition show.

He told fans back in March: ‘After 5 incredible years I’ve decided it’s time to move on from SAS Who Dares Wins UK. Big respect to my fellow DS – it’s been a journey I’ll never forget.

‘Thanks to everyone that took part and made the show what it is. Really excited about the future and what’s coming this year.’

SAS: Who Dares Wins airs on Sundays at 9pm on Channel 4.

 


Credit: Original article published here.

Related posts

Only Connect: Is Victoria Coren Mitchell a poker player and how much has she won?

John Turner

The Trick: Who is in the cast of new BBC film and what time is it on?

John Turner

Succession fans can now enjoy a ‘Greg the egg’ adult toy while watching season 3

John Turner
%d bloggers like this: