Sharon Osbourne is coming under fire again after a clip of her claiming Meghan Markle ‘ain’t Black’ has resurfaced amid her backlash over racism comments on The Talk.
The incident led fans to highlight a previous conversations Sharon had on the show in October 2018.
During a roundtable discussion about the Duchess of Sussex on the October 17, 2018, episode of The Talk, co-host Sheryl said Prince Harry’s wife had ‘brought blackness to the royal family.’
Sharon retorted: ‘She ain’t Black.’
When Sheryl and fellow co-host Eve insisted that she is Black, Sharon continued: ‘Yeah, I know but she doesn’t look Black.’
‘To who?’, Sherl asked before Sharon stated: ‘To anybody!’
Rapper Eve was quite to point out: ‘Black people come in all different colors. That’s a whole other different discussion about how Black you look or not look…that’s a whole discussion we don’t need to have.’
The clip’s circulation comes after it was revealed that The Talk has been pulled from the air this week due to ongoing drama.
The US chat show came under scrutiny after Sharon became tearful and shouted down at Sheryl, demanding to be ‘educated’ about racism.
Following the controversial argument, Deadline announced that The Talk will not air on Monday and Tuesday this week as CBS looks into the matter internally, .
In a statement released on Friday, a spokesperson said: ‘We are committed to a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace.
‘All matters related to the Wednesday episode of The Talk are currently under internal review.’
During the on-air row, Sharon became increasingly emotional and teary as she defended Piers’ comments about Meghan Markle on Good Morning Britain last week.
Sharon later said she was ‘blindsided’ by TV network CBS and ‘blames’ them.
The Talk airs weekdays on CBS.
Got A Showbiz Story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Harry and Meghan’s Oprah interview: Key moments
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have spoken to Oprah Winfrey in a bombshell interview about their decision to step back as senior working members of the Royal Family.
Here are the key points from the interview, which UK viewers can watch at 9pm on ITV on Monday, March 8.
- Meghan says it was Kate who made her cry over flower girls, not other way round
- Meghan says Harry was told there were ‘concerns how dark’ Archie would be
- Harry and Meghan reveal the gender of their baby due in summer
- Meghan sobs as she says pressures of royal life drove her to the verge of suicide
- Prince Charles stopped taking Harry’s calls after he quit Royal Family
- Harry says Meghan saved him from being ‘trapped’ like Prince Charles and Prince William are
- Princess Diana would be ‘sad and angry about how this has panned out’
- Meghan and Harry share adorable new video of son Archie at the beach
- Harry confirms terrible rift with William and says their relationship is now just ‘space’
- Queen ‘ghosted Harry during Megxit talks and got aide to say she was too busy’