Shirley Ballas has increased her security procedures in the aftermath of the alleged kidnapping and murder plot against This Morning presenter Holly Willoughby.
The Strictly Come Dancing judge has stated that she now ‘travels everywhere with care’ after Gavin Plumb, 36, was arrested and accused with inciting a man called David Nelson to commit murder and instigation to commit kidnapping between October 2 and 5 in Harlow, Essex.
He is now in detention and scheduled for a hearing on November 3, while Holly, 42, is under 24-hour police and ITV protection.
According to reports, the daytime star learned about the idea soon before appearing on live TV last week, which is why she backed out and Alison Hammond and Josie Gibson took her place.
Holly is reportedly’shaken’ by what transpired and will be offscreen for the foreseeable future.
Shirley, 63, confessed her own anxieties after becoming the target of internet harassment while discussing the horrific struggle the Dancing On Ice host has gone through.
She told Daily Star: ‘The news about Holly has made me a little bit nervous. Let’s just say, I travel everywhere with caution.
‘I’m not free as a bird like I used to be. I’m always a little bit cautious about where I’m going, especially if I’m out on my own.’
Shirley added: ‘I would be wrong to say, “I don’t worry about it.” Of course you do. These are the times that we live in and I think it’s very sad.’
The Ballas family has already faced terrifying threats.
Her son, Mark, 37, a Dancing With The Stars Dancer professional, was allegedly targeted when he was matched with gymnast Shawn Johnson, 31.
Shirley has previously stated that she is afraid to leave her house because of death threats she has received on social media.
In the ITVX documentary Olivia Attwood versus The Trolls, she highlighted her fears about her safety.
‘I am talking about being in public. You worry about those same strange people that write these kinds of messages.
‘Are they lurking in dark corners? Are they hiding behind walls when you go somewhere?’
Shirley said last year that she was besieged with hundreds of ‘really terrible’ notes about candidates she sent home, which almost convinced her to quit Strictly.
Holly, on the other hand, has yet to speak publicly about her own kidnapping scheme.
She has, however, received a great deal of support from her ITV colleagues, with even Phillip Schofield apparently reaching out to her after a five-month quiet following his retirement.
According to a source, Holly was ‘really delighted’ to hear from Phillip.
‘Phil’s decision to reach out, and the welcome it has been received with by Holly, shows that there is still a bond there,’ said the insider.
In Holly’s absence, her This Morning co-hosts are continuing to ‘juggle’ presenting responsibilities.
A source told MailOnline that it’s ‘difficult’ for Holly to even think about work right now.
They added: ‘The This Morning presenters have been in touch with her and they will juggle covering her role for as long as is needed.’