Star Wars’ Lando Calrissian is being given his own limited series in the latest slate announced by Disney Plus.
The series is one of nine major Star Wars series announced by the team at Lucasfilm as part of Disney’s annual Investor Day on Thursday.
The character and fan favourite first appeared in the original Star Wars series instalment, Empire Strikes Back, and was played by Billy Dee Williams.
Lando is making a return – but who will play him? (Picture: Disney)
Williams later reprised his role in Return Of The Jedi, and then in the third trilogy appeared again in The Rise Of Skywalker.
Donald Glover later took on the role in prequel Solo: A Star Wars Story.
It’s not known when the series will be released, what the plot will entail, or if Glover or Williams will return in their roles.
A hustler by nature, Lando was the original owner of the Milennium Falcon, before losing the spaceship to Han Solo in a game of cards.
Lando later traded in his life to become the Baron Administrator of Cloud City.
During the universe run, Lando betrayed Solo to the Empire in a bid to save his people, but later joined forces with his on/off friend in order to take the Empire down.
What other Star Wars shows have been announced?
The upcoming slate of Star Wars episodes are:
- Rangers Of The New Republic – a live-action series based in the timeline of The Mandalorian.
- The Acolyte – a mysterious series created by Russian Doll’s Leslye Headlund.
- Ahsoka – detailing the life of Ahsoka Tano after Rebels but before she appears in The Mandalorian
- The Bad Batch – an animation about a group of rogue Stormtroopers.
- Visions – an anime anthology series
- A Droid Story – an animation and visual effects story which will introduce a new droid alongside R2D2 and C-3PO.
It joins the previously announced:
- Obi-Wan – based on the life of Obi-Wan Kenobi, which will feature the return of Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader
- Andor – a live-action series based on the life of rebel spy Cassian Andor, starring Diego Luna.
Credit: Original article published here.