My Celebrity Life

Strictly Come Dancing 2020: Anton Du Beke ‘to replace’ Motsi Mabuse on judging panel

https://metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/PRC_172373474.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

Will Anton Du Beke be replacing Motsi Mabuse on Strictly?
(Picture: BBC)

Strictly Come Dancing star Anton Du Beke is reportedly set to replace Motsi Mabuse after she was forced to pull out of the show this week.

The Strictly judge took to social media where she explained to her fans that she had to travel to Germany earlier this week, for an ‘urgent reason’, so as a result, had to self-isolate for two weeks.

In a statement shared to Twitter, the 39-year-old said she would be isolating for two weeks after returning to the UK, as per government guidelines.

‘Hi guys – Earlier this week I needed to travel to Germany for an urgent reason,’ she wrote.

‘I will of course be following UK government guidelines and self-isolating for 14 days.

Motsi will be self-isolating for two weeks (Picture: BBC/Guy Levy)

‘I’ll be watching from home and by the power of technology, should be in your living rooms.

‘Watch out though, I’ll be doing my own hair and make-up!’

 

Anton and his dance partner Jacqui Smith were the first pair to be booted off the show, after a dance off with Jamie Laing and Karen Hauer.

At the time, the professional dancer addressed rumours that he could be a fourth judge.

Anton and Jacqui were the first Strictly Come Dancing casualty (Picture: BBC)

‘Well, there has been no chat to me about that,’ the Mirror states he said in a Q&A session.

‘There is no intention for them to whip me onto the judging panel, sadly.

‘I’ve got a bit of time on my hands, I’d love to sit in for the rest of the series.’

Nicola Adams and Katya Jones were axed when the pro dancer tested positive for coronavirus (Picture: BBC)

The news comes after Nicola Adams and Katya Jones were pulled from the line-up – when the professional dancer tested positive for coronavirus.

Speaking of her early exit, the athlete said in a statement: ‘Hey guys! I’m absolutely devastated my Strictly journey has come to an end so soon.

‘I had so much more to give and so many people to win this for!

 

‘But I just want to say a huge thank you to Katya for being the best dance partner anyone could ask for. She pushed me way out of my comfort zone and it’s been an incredible experience.’

‘I’m gutted to be out of the competition but in these unprecedented times and as frustrating as it is, the Covid measures in place are to keep everyone safe, and I’m doing what I can to help.’

Katya also addressed the news, heaping praise on her dance partner for her energy over the last few weeks.

‘Dancing with Nicola has been an absolute inspiration. She’s given her all each and every week and we were so excited to create more dances in the competition,’ she said.

‘Of course, I’m devastated to leave this way but I’ve made a friend for life and loved every moment of this special journey. I’d like to wish good luck to all the remaining couples!’

BBC bosses added that rest of the cast are unaffected and the show will continue this Saturday night on BBC One.

Strictly Come Dancing continues on Saturday, at 7.10pm, on BBC One.


Credit: Original article published here.

Related posts

Strictly Come Dancing’s unvaxxed stars ‘hire lawyers to protect their identity’

John Turner

Sex Education fans reckon Asa Butterfield and Mimi Keene might be dating in real life

John Turner

No Time To Die’s Lashana Lynch on ‘pushing the needle’ with representation as she books place in Bond history

John Turner
%d bloggers like this: