My Celebrity Life

The Bachelor: Former host Chris Harrison to receive ‘$9million payout’ for franchise exit following racism scandal

My Celebrity Life –

Chris Harrison’s Bachelor payout isn’t as big as we first believed (Picture: ABC)

Chris Harrison has reportedly walked away with a $9million payout after his official exit from The Bachelor franchise.

The longtime host had been part of Bachelor Nation for 20 years before he was forced to step away earlier this year following backlash over his racially insensitive comments in an interview.

News of his departure came with reports that the presenter would be given a eight-figure sum to leave his role, however Variety has revealed the sum is much lower.

A source told the publication that the host will not be getting a ‘mid-range eight-figure payoff and promise to keep his mouth shut’.

Instead he is set to ‘receive a payout of approximately $10 million, which is a combination of his $9 million exit settlement and remaining contractual fees’.

According to Variety, it had been Chris decision to participate in his now-famous interview with former Bachelorette Rachel Lindsey.

My Celebrity Life –

The longtime host is reportedly getting a figure close to $10million (Picture: ABC )

Insiders told the outlet that Chris decided to take part in the interview on his own and was never requested by a network or studio publicist to do so.

The sources also added that Chris did not initially realize the wave of backlash his comments had inspired after he made questionable comments during his conversation with the first Black lead of the franchise in February.

During the interview, Chris chose to defend then-contestant Rachael Kirkconnell, over racially insensitive actions that had been unearthed from her past.

Chris was quick to apologize at the time and chose to step back from his hosting duties.

Due to his passionate defense, Chris angered viewers who felt he perpetuated racially insensitive beliefs as well as invalidating Rachel Lindsay’s suggestions.

The fallout eventually led to Chris’ exit from his hosting gig, as he told fans on Instagram: ‘I’ve had a truly incredible run as host of The Bachelor franchise and now I’m excited to start a new chapter.

My Celebrity Life –

The end of an era (Picture: ABC News)

He continued: ‘I’m so grateful to Bachelor Nation for all of the memories we’ve made together. While my two-decade journey is wrapping up, the friendships I’ve made will last a lifetime.’

On July 8 it was confirmed that his leave of absence would be permanent as a statement from Warner Horizon and ABC Entertainment read: ‘Chris Harrison is stepping aside as host of The Bachelor franchise.

‘We are thankful for his many contributions over the past 20 years and wish him all the best on his new journey.’

The Bachelor, The Bachelorette and Bachelor In Paradise airs on ABC, while it is available to stream on hayu in the UK.


Credit: Original article published here.

Related posts

Where is hot in February? The best sunny destinations for Feb 2022

John Turner

Paul Walker’s daughter Meadow marries Louis Thornton-Alla with Vin Diesel there to walk her down the aisle

John Turner

Molly Mae Hague admits she rarely sees Tommy Fury even though they live together

John Turner
%d bloggers like this: