Louis Smith had the judges thrilled with his performances (Picture: ITV & Rex)
The Masked Dancer UK has crowned its winner, with Carwash coming out on top and being unmasked as Louis Smith.
After a tense final, Olympic gymnast Louis beat the competition with judges Davina McCall, Jonathan Ross, Mo Gilligan and Oti Mabuse left thrilled by his performances.
Asked why he decided to take part, Louis explained: ‘I love the singer version, I love dancing and I love performing.’
‘My character is so fun and full of energy and is such a laugh,’ he added, admitting it was difficult to keep the secret.
Louis was crowned the winner after battling it out against Zip (Take That’s Howard Donald), Squirrel (Bonnie Langsford) and Scarecrow (Tamzin Outhwaite).
What were the clues?
- A red Ferrari
- A busted car wash sign
- Is ready to pop bubbles
- They like to perform
- They’re ready to ‘let it shine’
- Didn’t have a typical childhood
- Returned to their early interest
- Hinted at reality show past
- Joined members of boyband and girlband
- Inspired young people
- Asked to say a meaningful word in their own voice, Carwash said ‘hot tub’
- ‘Double trouble’
- They said they ‘let it shine’ – potentially a Take That clue
- They have a connection to skiing
- There was a pigeon gatecrashing the set for one performance
- Given a peek into their dressing room, judges saw some dice and a comic book-themed T-shirt
The final episode of the series came after a string of double eliminations, with Knickerbocker Glory being revealed as none other than Strictly Come Dancing judge Craig Revel Horwood, while Frog turned out to be Kelly Brook.
Previously, Beagle was unmasked as ice skating legend Christopher Dean and Llama was revealed to be Zoe Ball.
Before then, pro dancer and Diversity star Jordan Banjo, singer and media personality Louise Redknapp, and Burlesque performer Dita Von Teese were unmasked.
The Masked Dancer is available on catch-up on the ITV Hub.
Credit: Original article published here.