My Celebrity Life

The Talk’s future is officially confirmed after Sharon Osbourne’s shocking exit

My Celebrity Life –

The Talk has been renewed for another season after Sharon Osbourne’s exit (Picture: CBS)

The Talk has been officially renewed for a 12th season as it’s announced the show will go on without Sharon Osbourne.

The 68-year-old quit the US talk show following a heated debate about race with co-star Sheryl Underwood.

Sharon came under fire for saying she ‘stood with’ Piers Morgan, who quit Good Morning Britain after he allegedly refused to apologise for criticising Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s interview with Oprah Winfrey.

The Talk was pulled off the air while an investigation was carried out, and during the break, Sharon decided to quit.

This week the CBS talk show announced it has been renewed for another season.

‘JUST ANNOUNCED! #TheTalk has been officially renewed for another year on @CBS returning for a 12th season in 2021-2022! More fun, more topics, more talk!,’ a Twitter post read.

My Celebrity Life –

Sharon was called out for defending Piers Morgan (Picture: CBS)

My Celebrity Life –

Sharon and Sheryl had a heated debate about race (Picture: CBS)

Sharon was the last original cast member of the series remaining, having joined the show in 2010 alongside Sara Gilbert, Julie Chen, Leah Remini, Marissa Jaret Winokur and Holly Robinson Peete.

Sheryl Underwood, Carrie Ann Inaba, Amanda Kloots and Elaine Welteroth now take up the panel show’s seats.

A replacement for Sharon has not yet been revealed by either CBS or The Talk but according to The Sun, the network is in talks with Jerry O’Connell to replace her as permanent host.

The publication has said show bosses are in ‘final negotiations’ to bring the actor on board permanently after he co-hosted for The Talk’s Men of May special.

Sharon’s former co-stars are said to be keen to have a Latina star on the panel, with a source saying: ‘That door should be opened. It’s time for a Latina voice to have a platform.’

However the insider confessed: ‘The truth is that no one can replace Mrs O. Sharon was the centrepiece of the show.’

In a statement released by CBS, it said that Sharon decided herself to leave the show amid backlash from viewers over the heated discussion between Sharon and Sheryl earlier this year.

Referencing the episode, CBS said: ‘The events of the March 10 broadcast were upsetting to everyone involved, including the audience watching at home.

‘As part of our review, we concluded that Sharon’s behavior toward her co-hosts during the March 10 episode did not align with our values for a respectful workplace.

‘We also did not find any evidence that CBS executives orchestrated the discussion or blindsided any of the hosts.’

The Talk will return later in the year.


Credit: Original article published here.

Related posts

The zigzag parting is back – here’s how to rock it

John Turner

Steve Allen: How old is the LBC presenter and what did he say about Tilly Ramsay?

John Turner

Rylan Clark banned from Tinder for ‘catfishing’ after split from husband Dan Neal

John Turner
%d bloggers like this: