What would the start of a new year be without a new series of Dancing On Ice?
ITV’s flagship figure skating show is a key element of many people’s January schedule.
Already, there have been reports of injuries, contestants speaking out against criticism of their talents, and news of new judges – so it seems as if this year’s run will be one to remember.
But what do you remember about the previous series – like, who won, for example?
Allow us to refresh your memory…
Who won Dancing on Ice in 2021?
Dancing On Ice 2021 marked the 13th outing for the series, which originally started in 2006. And, unfortunately, season 13 proved unlucky for some as five pairs ended up withdrawing from the show due to injury and Covid-19 infections.
Still, despite some worries, the show was able to continue right until the final round, where Capital Radio presenter Sonny Jay finished in first place alongside professional partner Angela Egan.
Who won previous years of Dancing on Ice?
Sonny Jay and Angela Egan were victorious after their version of the classic Bolero routine won over the judges and the voting public alike.
However, there’s a long line of couples who’ve made it to the top with their own interpretations of this groundbreaking routine that saw Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean score an Olympic gold medal in 1984.
Here’s the list of winners of every season:
- 2020 – Joe Swash and Alex Murphy
- 2019 – James Jordan and Alexandra Schauman
- 2018 – Jake Quickenden and Vanessa Bauer
- 2014 (All Stars) – Ray Quinn and Maria Filippov
- 2013 – Beth Tweddle and Daniel Whiston
- 2012 – Matthew Wolfenden and Nina Ulanova
- 2011 – Sam Attwater and Brianne Delcourt
- 2010 – Hayley Tamaddon and Daniel Whiston
- 2009 – Ray Quinn and Maria Filippov
- 2008 – Suzanne Shaw and Matt Evers
- 2007 – Kyran Bracken and Melanie Lambert
- 2006 – Gaynor Faye and Daniel Whiston
Dancing on Ice 2022 launches tonight on ITV at 6.30pm.
Credit: Original article published here.